Scientist/Nerd with my first dive into reefs!

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R-Welcome3.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I'm a phd chemist (with a background in biology) and a love for the hobby (many years in freshwater, currently running a 10g planted and a 50g lake malawi biotope WIP) so it was only a matter of time before I got my first reef going. About 3 months ago, I started up the 10g in the picture with current inhabitants being some snails, a feather duster, redhead gobi, a leptoseris frag, candy cane frag, and a devil's hand frag. Currently I'm working on setting up a 55g reef and converting the 10g to a QT. I'm looking forward to learning from y'all!

- Bran

1660072070502.png

Hi Bran and Welcome! Glad you joined. With your background, you will do very well.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). You seem off to a great start already!

This might help you find people local to you in Colorado:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back