Scolly In Distress

LilReef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2023
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
NSW
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there everyone,
Just yesterday I purchased this scoly. It looked like the photo below in the store and I thought nothing of it because I thought it would look nice and subtle in my aquarium. But today I looked at it more closely and I realised that it looks quite poorly and not just a ‘different looking scoly.’
I have another scoly in my tank that opens its mouth and receives food whenever i feed it but this one just sort of- hangs there. I also noticed a small amount of brown coloured stuff coming from the mouth. Is anyone able to tell me whats wrong with it and how I can help? Or are some scoly just like this? My main concern is his lack of fullness like how you usually see in his species and the gaping mouth.
I think I am able to return/exchange it but the store is a few hours away.

image.jpg image.jpg
 
thats in very poor shape, there is more skeleton than flesh on it. I don't know if it can regain its health.
 
Hi there everyone,
Just yesterday I purchased this scoly. It looked like the photo below in the store and I thought nothing of it because I thought it would look nice and subtle in my aquarium. But today I looked at it more closely and I realised that it looks quite poorly and not just a ‘different looking scoly.’
I have another scoly in my tank that opens its mouth and receives food whenever i feed it but this one just sort of- hangs there. I also noticed a small amount of brown coloured stuff coming from the mouth. Is anyone able to tell me whats wrong with it and how I can help? Or are some scoly just like this? My main concern is his lack of fullness like how you usually see in his species and the gaping mouth.
I think I am able to return/exchange it but the store is a few hours away.

image.jpg image.jpg
Coraline growing on it is always a pretty good sign of poor health.
I would find a different LFS if they sold this to you yesterday. They were out for a buck.
 
That needs to go straight back for a full refund. Shameful they sold that to you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new