Scolymia coral grade

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First three are overpriced. Can easily be found $250-$300. 4 and 5 are slightly overpriced, but not as bad as the first three.
I don't know what a good price for those would be, but in my opinion, the first 3 should be priced the same. I don't see anything about them, from the pictures, that would justify a price increase.

OP
OP
W

woongtae na

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what a good price for those would be, but in my opinion, the first 3 should be priced the same. I don't see anything about them, from the pictures, that would justify a price increase.
Yes! I see. :)
Where would be a good location for my tank scolymia?
20210725_004536.jpg

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I see! Thank you. :)
I want to put it on my nano tank live lock, where should I put it?
Many place them in the sandbed. If placed in rockwork, ensure they are well secured so they can’t fall. The flesh can be very fragile.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not so evident from the photos because of the framing. They all look similar in size but if you look at the hand that's holding them you can see there is quite a bit of difference in size.

I also have no clue how much scoly's go for in South Korea so can't comment on how the prices relate to here in the US.

OP
OP
W

woongtae na

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not so evident from the photos because of the framing. They all look similar in size but if you look at the hand that's holding them you can see there is quite a bit of difference in size.

I also have no clue how much scoly's go for in South Korea so can't comment on how the prices relate to here in the US.
Oh. Yes! I think we should choose a healthy object first! Australian scolymia are distributed in Korea, but there are limited companies.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Size would be the only thing about those 3 that I could see an price jump for. in the pictures posted they all look to be the same size. Scale is just as important to post in pictures for a topic like this as the actual coral itself... if one is dime size, and one is half a foot across, that is good to know.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh. Yes! I think we should choose a healthy object first! Australian scolymia are distributed in Korea, but there are limited companies.
They all look pretty healthy:) So it really comes down to color and size and if you think the price is fair. A couple of the bleeding apples have a slight yellow/gold color so that might bump the price a little. The warpaints are nice with the variation in darker and lighter blues. Looks like you already have a nice collection of similar colored Scoly. So if it were me and I had a small nano tank I would probably hold off for something different. But it's your tank and the 5 you posted are all very nice Scoly!

OP
OP
W

woongtae na

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Size would be the only thing about those 3 that I could see an price jump for. in the pictures posted they all look to be the same size. Scale is just as important to post in pictures for a topic like this as the actual coral itself... if one is dime size, and one is half a foot across, that is good to know.
I see. Thank you for the good information. :)

OP
OP
W

woongtae na

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They all look pretty healthy:) So it really comes down to color and size and if you think the price is fair. A couple of the bleeding apples have a slight yellow/gold color so that might bump the price a little. The warpaints are nice with the variation in darker and lighter blues. Looks like you already have a nice collection of similar colored Scoly. So if it were me and I had a small nano tank I would probably hold off for something different. But it's your tank and the 5 you posted are all very nice Scoly!
Thank you very much for your interest.
If you had to choose between three Apple products, which would you choose?
If you were to choose between two blue, what would you choose? Inspired by your words, I'm also considering choosing a coral to stop and put on live rock this time. What coral do you have on the top of the rock?

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for your interest.
If you had to choose between three Apple products, which would you choose?
If you were to choose between two blue, what would you choose? Inspired by your words, I'm also considering choosing a coral to stop and put on live rock this time. What coral do you have on the top of the rock?
Well if I had to pick I would go with 2 and 4. 2 has very nice striping and flecks/stripes of gold mixed in. I like the narrow striping more than the wide stripes in 1. As for 4 I like the very nice contrast between the dark blue and red with the smaller patches of light blue. The edges between the colors are very crisp which adds to the dramatic color contrast IMO.

For the top of the rocks? Not sure I can recommend something without knowing your water flow and light levels. For my system it's SPS Acros and Monties

OP
OP
W

woongtae na

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if I had to pick I would go with 2 and 4. 2 has very nice striping and flecks/stripes of gold mixed in. I like the narrow striping more than the wide stripes in 1. As for 4 I like the very nice contrast between the dark blue and red with the smaller patches of light blue. The edges between the colors are very crisp which adds to the dramatic color contrast IMO.

For the top of the rocks? Not sure I can recommend something without knowing your water flow and light levels. For my system it's SPS Acros and Monties
I see. I prefer number two, too. Blue chose number 5 because number 4 was a bit dark. I haven't bought it yet.

The system has kessil a80, LPS and crown!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back