Scooby Dooby Newbie

TMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody,
I kinda got into my setup in a rush not on purpose I have wanted a saltwater tank since I was a kid but could never justify the cost but a couple months ago my son has a friend that he works with giving everything away tanks, equipment fish everything so just couldn't pass it up he was supposed to keep the fish until I got set up and cycled but it didn't happen that way I got home from work and my son shows up with it all fish included poor things got down to 62 degrees by the time we got it all put back together so I got a short 50 gal and a long tall 50 gal two mature black Ocselaris, a Foxface and a Black Sailfin Goby a decent size rock with xenia that has not done well a couple plugs with I don't know what on them one of them is doing really well and a rock with some zoanthids I think fire and ice that spread well, a soft coral that I don't know what it is and a couple small mushrooms. Well I wasn't happy with a 50 so went and got a 75 and got it cycled and over the last week moved everybody in and a few new additions a pair of juvenile Damsels and a pair of juvenile regular Oscelaris we have around 35 red leg hermits, a bunch of snails that are too stupid to stay upright, 2 Brittle stars, 2 Serpent stars, a Pencil urchin, 4 Peppermint shrimp, 2 Emerald crabs and 3 Porcelin crabs and everybody seems to be very happy together.
Well I think thats it except I have LOTS of questions Reef_1.jpg

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody,
I kinda got into my setup in a rush not on purpose I have wanted a saltwater tank since I was a kid but could never justify the cost but a couple months ago my son has a friend that he works with giving everything away tanks, equipment fish everything so just couldn't pass it up he was supposed to keep the fish until I got set up and cycled but it didn't happen that way I got home from work and my son shows up with it all fish included poor things got down to 62 degrees by the time we got it all put back together so I got a short 50 gal and a long tall 50 gal two mature black Ocselaris, a Foxface and a Black Sailfin Goby a decent size rock with xenia that has not done well a couple plugs with I don't know what on them one of them is doing really well and a rock with some zoanthids I think fire and ice that spread well, a soft coral that I don't know what it is and a couple small mushrooms. Well I wasn't happy with a 50 so went and got a 75 and got it cycled and over the last week moved everybody in and a few new additions a pair of juvenile Damsels and a pair of juvenile regular Oscelaris we have around 35 red leg hermits, a bunch of snails that are too stupid to stay upright, 2 Brittle stars, 2 Serpent stars, a Pencil urchin, 4 Peppermint shrimp, 2 Emerald crabs and 3 Porcelin crabs and everybody seems to be very happy together.
Well I think thats it except I have LOTS of questions Reef_1.jpg

Attachments

• Welcome Bitmoji.png
    Welcome Bitmoji.png
    57 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
TMC

TMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow what a story! Glad you finally dove in to reefing! That’s quite a lot of hermits… be sure to keep them well fed
200.gif
Thank you.
Ya I kinda thought that might be too many they are eating well though I've had a couple get new homes already kinda cool to watch check out a new shell then just swoop in like a gymnast

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back