Scopas Tang - Black spots while in QT

2ndtimereefer81

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2024
Messages
52
Reaction score
57
Location
Duncan, SC
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I have a Scopas tang in my QT currently and have been treating with Copper Power for 3 days now. My current ppm is 2.42. The first 2 days it was swimming fan but today it’s breathing fast and not eating.

Any idea what could be wrong
image-png.1764111737


20251125_180510_0315476C-7E2A-4C41-8FE0-25AC89EF7A2E.png

20251125_180510_6F7E21EA-74B2-4C74-8CEA-9D2C710B2285.png

20251125_180511_312B233F-BF51-4FCE-97FD-43731D7E866D.png
 
Hey I have a Scopas tang in my QT currently and have been treating with Copper Power for 3 days now. My current ppm is 2.42. The first 2 days it was swimming fan but today it’s breathing fast and not eating.

Any idea what could be wrong
View attachment 4321150
I see these spots with the presence of flukes but also encourage to reduce copper Power to 2.25ppm
Is fish scratching or darting in the tank? Additionally adding an airstone may help with breathing.
Fish is also slightly thin
 
Hey I have a Scopas tang in my QT currently and have been treating with Copper Power for 3 days now. My current ppm is 2.42. The first 2 days it was swimming fan but today it’s breathing fast and not eating.

Any idea what could be wrong
View attachment 4321150
I see these spots with the presence of flukes but also encourage to reduce copper Power to 2.25ppm
Is fish scratching or darting in the tank? Additionally adding an airstone may help with breathing.
Fish is also slightly thin
Hey airstone is in place and has been running the entire time.

No darting or scratching as of yet

I’ll do a water change now to lower the copper ppm.

What about the flukes?
 
Just checked ammonia and it’s at .2 ppm. Doing a 50% water change now
 
I checked my copper after water change and it’s not at 1.30ppm with Hanna Copper Checker.
 
I have prazi pro but can I treat the tank with it and copper power at the same time?

I try not to do that, but sometimes it is necessary. Be sure to only treat for the actual water volume and add a good air stone.
 
Thanks for all the advice. I added PraziPro yesterday and the tang is doing better today. It’s actually eating some food now.

It started losing some of its fins but isn’t breathing rapidly and is swimming normal again. I’m slowly increasing the copper power to bring it back up to 2.25ppm
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new