Scopas tang white areas

ConwayCorals

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’m not sure if maybe I just haven’t noticed this but can anybody help me figure out if this is normal coloration for a Scopas tang
 

I’m not sure if maybe I just haven’t noticed this but can anybody help me figure out if this is normal coloration for a Scopas tang

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

That's not normal, but it just looks like a series of scrapes.

Can you post a longer video, taken under white lights?

Have you seen this fish scratching/flashing on surfaces?
How long have you had the fish?
 

I’m not sure if maybe I just haven’t noticed this but can anybody help me figure out if this is normal coloration for a Scopas tang
I too se scrape marks and can be from rock work or flukes. Lighting is very dark. Please post video using bright white light intensity, no blue lights
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new