Scott's 270g aka Project Mayhem

kdc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found your thread and read through the whole thing, amazing! You did an awesome job recording everything and keeping things updated. Your corals are very impressive. How are your monti’s doing?
I can’t wait to see what you do next!

OP
OP
Scythanith

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found your thread and read through the whole thing, amazing! You did an awesome job recording everything and keeping things updated. Your corals are very impressive. How are your monti’s doing?
I can’t wait to see what you do next!

The montipora is growing like a weed again. The red cap is starting to run a little rampant and I continually snap chunks off. The sunset monti is about the size of a dinner plate encrusted all underneath the green dragon. I haven't seen any MEN in there chewing on anything but I did see one in the frag tank quite a while back. I just chucked the frag. I wouldn't bother putting in anything crazy right now but my buddy needed a good home for his beachbum monti so we put it in the main display and its colouring up and growing nicely.

OP
OP
Scythanith

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am pretty sure i am going to pull the trigger on a GHL KH Director. Just add a little more stability to my system. I'm going to run it only as a monitor for the first bit so I can make sure it doesn't have any large shifts that could over/under dose my system. I am assuming GHL has built in some sort of hysteresis so that I can have it ignore one bad test and wait until the next one to react. While I am at it I may put a Doser Maxi on as well to do my water changes and refill the SW that is used up during KH testing. Ideas, concerns, etc?

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
awesome reef. I saw you were selling an acrolandia frag a little while ago.

Do you still have this coral? I am looking for some more pictures of it, dont seem to find much on the internet.

OP
OP
Scythanith

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome reef. I saw you were selling an acrolandia frag a little while ago.

Do you still have this coral? I am looking for some more pictures of it, dont seem to find much on the internet.

It was having a rough time for the last couple months but looks like it's back growing again. Rosey gold polyps with a light blue skin right now. Can't really get a good shot of it to be honest.

i-6XVh3r2-XL.jpg

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It was having a rough time for the last couple months but looks like it's back growing again. Rosey gold polyps with a light blue skin right now. Can't really get a good shot of it to be honest.

i-6XVh3r2-XL.jpg

still looks nice and you can see the potential.

OP
OP
Scythanith

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a little frag setup for going to shows and such! The bucket systems are pretty cool and the egg crate inserts transfer directly into the frag tank. The tank is 18" x 24" x 6" and holds around 11g. I bought a reefbrite XHO 24" for above it. Haven't figured out quite how I am going to mount that yet though. So 3 pails, the tank & lights and I'm good to go!

i-Ks3zncH-XL.jpg

i-vPH5WKz-XL.jpg

OP
OP
Scythanith

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frag sale went well. Good enough that I will likely get prepared to go to surrounding city swaps when they go down.

OP
OP
Scythanith

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I haven't said much on here recently! I've had to frag back whole show colony sized pieces off of the Lime in the Sky acro, it was starting to throw too much shade on some of the newer SPS on the right hand side of the tank. Other than that just general maintenance and trying to clean up some of the clove polyps that are running amuck. Anyone want to see pictures?

boxofrocks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I haven't said much on here recently! I've had to frag back whole show colony sized pieces off of the Lime in the Sky acro, it was starting to throw too much shade on some of the newer SPS on the right hand side of the tank. Other than that just general maintenance and trying to clean up some of the clove polyps that are running amuck. Anyone want to see pictures?
Pics!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back