mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#DIYWizards #Reefsquad
Screen Idea.JPG

How to go about the internal corners for a screen shown in RED. Here is my pic. I need input on the red corners. Where to get them or how did you all do this kind of screen.

mckinney0171

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#DIYWizards #Reefsquad
Screen Idea.JPG

How to go about the internal corners for a screen shown in RED. Here is my pic. I need input on the red corners. Where to get them or how did you all do this kind of screen.
I had to flip my corner pieces upside down. it doesn't work great and i don't recommend it. The whole thing ended up really flimsy. I ended up just skipping the back portion of my aquarium and doing a plain rectangle and filling in the holes with eggcrate. I am much happier since I did that.

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to flip my corner pieces upside down. it doesn't work great and i don't recommend it. The whole thing ended up really flimsy. I ended up just skipping the back portion of my aquarium and doing a plain rectangle and filling in the holes with eggcrate. I am much happier since I did that.
Can you add a picture please. Unable to imagine the egg crate and filling in the gap.

mckinney0171

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just so you know my aquarium is not the same as yours. but, i had the same issue that you are describing sort of (I think). I was trying to mesh screen around two sea swirl wave boxes.

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just so you know my aquarium is not the same as yours. but, i had the same issue that you are describing sort of (I think). I was trying to mesh screen around two sea swirl wave boxes.
Yes i understand that. Im looking for options. It may or may not work with my setup.

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I reversed the corner pieces and trimmed them so they would fit into the screen framing. That is how I got around my return lines entering the displays. Once the screen mesh is installed it will get more strength and should not be so flimsy.

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I reversed the corner pieces and trimmed them so they would fit into the screen framing. That is how I got around my return lines entering the displays. Once the screen mesh is installed it will get more strength and should not be so flimsy.

I trimmed the 2 corners this morning, got frustrated and posted this. I messed up the dimensions. I had a good rectangular frame and in trying to make it fit to this new design, i ran into this issue. I think i will finish it and see how it feels. I just ran into Red Sea screen video. Of-course i dont need all that, just the internal corners. dang they are expensive.

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I trimmed the 2 corners this morning, got frustrated and posted this. I messed up the dimensions. I had a good rectangular frame and in trying to make it fit to this new design, i ran into this issue. I think i will finish it and see how it feels. I just ran into Red Sea screen video. Of-course i dont need all that, just the internal corners. dang they are expensive.

I made a video on how I made DIY screen tops. I am not sure how much it can help with your screen tops. I remember the inside corners were the most difficult part of building the frames and I needed to make a few extra cuts to make it fit correctly.

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a video on how I made DIY screen tops. I am not sure how much it can help with your screen tops. I remember the inside corners were the most difficult part of building the frames and I needed to make a few extra cuts to make it fit correctly.

Cool. I’ll check this out.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 ^^^^ exactly. That's how my 90 is setup. Works really well. Just zip tie the screen to the bottom of the egg crate. Some have had fish get stuck if you if you put the screen on the top of the egg crate - yikes!

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I ended up doing.

FD286553-ABFD-40EA-B276-AEE413DE0ADF.jpeg

0D9C2F3D-0826-45F7-8F6F-3F1A3E419FC9.jpeg

+1 ^^^^ exactly. That's how my 90 is setup. Works really well. Just zip tie the screen to the bottom of the egg crate. Some have had fish get stuck if you if you put the screen on the top of the egg crate - yikes!

If you know someone with a 3D printer, they can make interior brackets for you.

I went with egg crate for now. I will add the 1/8th netting and zip tie it to the bottom as mentioned @Big G. If that doesnt work then I will go @mckinney0171 route. I may be able to get a 3D printed part. Have to work on that. Love all the ideas.

THANKS AGAIN guys.

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to do a mesh top for my 75 but all the kits show as 48" x 24" and mine is 48" x 18" (aren't almost all 75 roughly that size?). Am I just being dense and you just trim the extra 7 inches off?

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to do a mesh top for my 75 but all the kits show as 48" x 24" and mine is 48" x 18" (aren't almost all 75 roughly that size?). Am I just being dense and you just trim the extra 7 inches off?

What du mean by kits? Why not go with just the mesh and then purchase the trim from hardware stores. Look into it

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back