Sea Swirl question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nomadic1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Sea swirls require more plumbing from your return line or other closed loop.

I am not sure they will require any additional plumbing if used as part of the normal return system. Closed loop of course. One can also add a random flow nozzle at the end which is nice.

At least in my installation it didn't require anything additional.

Sweeps are much simpler to setup.

Without a doubt.
 
My tank is 48"x24"x20"... would the Tunze 6105 be sufficient?
 
Would two sea swirls or two sea sweeps be better for a 48"x24"x20"?
I have 2 Sea Swirls with RFA's on my return. My tank is a 4' 150 gallon. It works very well at creating chaotic flow throughout my tank.
 
I have 2 Sea Swirls with RFA's on my return. My tank is a 4' 150 gallon. It works very well at creating chaotic flow throughout my tank.
Do you have a pic with how they look on your tank? What degrees do they rotate side to side?
 
Do you have a pic with how they look on your tank? What degrees do they rotate side to side?
They rotate almost 90°
20250113_122340.jpg
20250113_122309.jpg
20250113_122250.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new