Seachem PhosGuard

  • Thread starter Thread starter twotangs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

twotangs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2012
Messages
301
Reaction score
83
Location
Shermans Dale PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read a few posts on the site about Seachem PhosGuard, most of the threads end up in a discussion of PhosGuard VS GFO - does PhosGuard leach aluminum or not, etc, but I have a different observation / question. I am running PhosGuard in a Phosban reactor, slight tumble, I notice a large yellow/white buildup in the exit hose from the reactor. My guess is the PhoseGuard is breaking down in some way. If I am seeing this build up in the exit hose, how much is settling in the aquarium as well?
Are other users of PhosGuard also seeing this?
 
Randy does not mention it in that article but aluminum based medias release stored up contaminants (phosphates) once they are exhausted. We have known this in the potable drinking water industry for decades. Aluminum is only one of the worries.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new