Seafood Snub: Do your fish spit their food back out?

Do your fish spit their food back out?

• My fish regularly spit their food back out.

Votes: 29 21.8%
  • My fish occasionally spit their food back out.

Votes: 59 44.4%
  • My fish rarely spit their food back out.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • I have never seen my fish spit their food back out.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the opposite. My giraffe only eats fresh thawed after it has marinated in the tank for 3 days. I figure the ammonia is good for my caulerpa; I have a theory it does this to attract and eat other fauna first.
I actually have not attempted to give it still frozen solid yet. I'll try a small piece and see what happens. maybe it will be like a yummy fish flavored ice cream?

anemonalex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish will all randomly spit out food for no apparent reason, and I frequently give my puffer food that is not bite sized, so he will repeatedly bite it and spit it out, shaving off a small piece each time.
Their mother always said; make sure you chew your food!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240517_162250_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240517_162250_YouTube.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 5

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most fish do that. I think they are so nuts to eat they bite pieces to big to swallow. My copperband and anthias always do that.

Dragonreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had fish before gobble food up and spit it back out again, to then chow down on the same piece. Have recently had issues getting fish to eat. Had a clown sweet lips which refused to each, tried him on river shrimp aswell to no avail. Now I've a box fish that ate the first week we had him and has now recessed to the corner of the tank and refuses to eat.

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seafood Snub: Do your fish spit their food back out?

You add food to your tank, the fish eat the food, and then a day or two later you feed them again. It’s easy, until it’s not! Sometimes the fish are finnicky, they have a sore in their mouth or throat, or they are new to the type of food being offered – whatever the reason, the fish will occasionally spit the food back out. Sometimes they will immediately try to eat it again, and sometimes they won’t. What is your experience – do your fish ever spit their food back out? If so, please tell us about your experience and share any tips that you may have!

JTNAN_Anthias.jpeg

Photo by @Nan3182

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.worldwidecorals.com

WWCBanner.png

“We differentiate ourselves from other vendors by offering our customers full transparency into our facility and practices. Setting the industry standard for shipping techniques, accurate high-quality photos, hard to find corals, and customer service. For some hobbyists buying live coral online can seem like a risky endeavor. At WWC our staff takes the worry out of the equation by culturing extremely healthy corals, giving you a hassle-free guarantee, and providing you with a full online customer service team to ensure you are completely satisfied with your purchase.”
I just put it off to it being a bad piece of food to hard or some kind of filler

BubbleBuddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I auto-feed pellets twice a day and feed frozen at night along with nori 3 times a week. My tangs have FOMO and always join the pellet frenzy just to spit them out .

Back