Seahorse feeder

Tlledsmar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering, can seahorses learn to eat from a feeder? I have some other fish that I had to make a feeder for and its basically just a pipe that has a cap and the cap has slots in it for food to dangle out. I place thawed brine shrimp in there and the fish swim over and pull out what they want. Can something like this be used to hold seahorse food? My other fish tend to eat off the feeder picking here and there over a 6 hour span, which seems ideal for seahorses.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering, can seahorses learn to eat from a feeder? I have some other fish that I had to make a feeder for and its basically just a pipe that has a cap and the cap has slots in it for food to dangle out. I place thawed brine shrimp in there and the fish swim over and pull out what they want. Can something like this be used to hold seahorse food? My other fish tend to eat off the feeder picking here and there over a 6 hour span, which seems ideal for seahorses.

do this, but train with feeder instead of baster

OP
OP
Tlledsmar

Tlledsmar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
np, gimme some seahorse pcitures
Haha, I sure will when/if they are added. I've got the tank set up and running with saltwater guppies and I'm testing powerheads/guards and getting tisbe and tig pods regenerating, If I cannot get everything under complete control and make sure I can keep seahorses healthy and happy, then I will get easier fish. I don't want animals that I can't keep properly.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed mine from a clam shell…they wait faithfully by it twice a day….Reidi are fast learners … The short time I had tigertails (comes) they never learned

OP
OP
Tlledsmar

Tlledsmar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, that's good to hear. I'm leaning toward erectus due to the hardy reputation

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back