Seahorse has snout Rot

Rsaele92

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2021
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
Location
Prattville
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, So last night I realized my lined seahorse has snout rot and a white spot on his tail. I'm pretty sure he has a bacterial infection, so I immediately put Marcylin-2 in the tank. Will Marcylin-2 work long term and heal my seahorse, or will I have to get something else? Please Help.
 
It is bacterial . Rather than Maracyn, use iodine or better yet debrief ointment from pharmacy.
This condition Can spread to other seahorses and should be done in separate tank. Ruby rally reef should also work
Tail rot is often associated with a spike in water temperatures, so it can also be helpful to gradually reduce your water temperature as much as possible.
 
Ok, So last night I realized my lined seahorse has snout rot and a white spot on his tail. I'm pretty sure he has a bacterial infection, so I immediately put Marcylin-2 in the tank. Will Marcylin-2 work long term and heal my seahorse, or will I have to get something else? Please Help.

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Is the infection severe enough to stop the fish from feeding?
Can you post a picture or short video?
Maracyn 2 may cause issues if used in a display tank. Do you have a treatment tank available?

Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new