Seahorse Savvy Reviews

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looking for reviews on Seahorse Savvy. Anyone purchase from them recently? I have not had any experience with them personally and am just looking to see if anyone else does. I read quite a bit about their background and different reviews from different sources but I didn’t come across any new reviews so figured I’d ask.

I have purchase from Ocean Rider before and Peter and Dan were amazing and so were the ponies. Very robust and healthy. But I was looking at the regular and WYSIWYG selection at Seahorse Savvy and was giving them a shot so I just wanted to double check to see if anyone had any input.

Any input is welcome and appreciated!!

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered from them three times, and all three times there were no problems, and communication was good. 5 stars!

OP
OP
Samina

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered from them three times, and all three times there were no problems, and communication was good. 5 stars!
Thank you so much!
I am pretty excited to get my ponies! I have some mated pairs on order and am hoping they are as robust and healthy as Ocean Riders’ ponies.

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me it’s hard to believe people BUY seahorses n spend money for em. I always get mine free but it’s a different situation because of my job. But no matter where you get em or how. They will give u so much joy. Good luck hope they make u smile like they make me smile

1475545B-71AB-463C-BBCC-6A28683C8E12.jpeg C3C550BB-E349-4A6A-A1A0-569EA9CC8533.jpeg

sabeypets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent $750 on 3 seahorses from them, 2 came in dead. NO refund, NO replacement, No customer service, I don't recommend Seahorse Savvy. I would suggest Seahorse Source for your ponies, Dan Underwood is great.

OP
OP
Samina

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent $750 on 3 seahorses from them, 2 came in dead. NO refund, NO replacement, No customer service, I don't recommend Seahorse Savvy. I would suggest Seahorse Source for your ponies, Dan Underwood is great.

Oh my! That is crazy and such a terrible experience! That makes me really nervous.

Was your shipment delayed or anything? And did you submit the pics within 2 hrs of delivery?

sabeypets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No shipment delay, yes Alyssa was contacted as soon as they came in.

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That really stinks people would do that I feel bad for you I’m sure u we’re looking forward having seahorses as in plural not seahorse

Lucie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me it’s hard to believe people BUY seahorses n spend money for em. I always get mine free but it’s a different situation because of my job. But no matter where you get em or how. They will give u so much joy. Good luck hope they make u smile like they make me smile

1475545B-71AB-463C-BBCC-6A28683C8E12.jpeg C3C550BB-E349-4A6A-A1A0-569EA9CC8533.jpeg
People will pay for healthy parasite free seahorses, already used to captivity, vibrio free that don t need to be converted to frozen food and eat right away.
Wilds are usually loaded with various parasites, nearly all are carriers of vibrio, they eat only live food and some will never adapt to captive life. Also, ripping apart bonded pair is not really fair in my opinion...

It s actually the first time i see a negative return on Alyssa seahorse savvy. All people i v seen on facebook groups or forums were very satisfied
I plan to buy 2 females in a few months from Alyssa but have no personal experience yet

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It seems like this might not be the whole story.

You're saying that you received 2 out of 3 seahorses DOA, you sent a picture to Alyssa within 2 hrs of delivery, and she would not honor the guarantee?
This would be very surprising given how much business they do, and the fact that they have such a good reputation.

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People will pay for healthy parasite free seahorses, already used to captivity, vibrio free that don t need to be converted to frozen food and eat right away.
Wilds are usually loaded with various parasites, nearly all are carriers of vibrio, they eat only live food and some will never adapt to captive life. Also, ripping apart bonded pair is not really fair in my opinion...

It s actually the first time i see a negative return on Alyssa seahorse savvy. All people i v seen on facebook groups or forums were very satisfied
I plan to buy 2 females in a few months from Alyssa but have no personal experience yet
I do trip away any pairs There’s nothing I can do to stop horses from grabbing onto my nets and by time they land on my deck they r miles from where they started so they wouldn’t be able to find their mate anyway. I don’t like to be made the bad guy if anything I give them second chance at living peacefully. And all my seahorses took to frozen shrimp. All of em

7E314FD8-FD9B-4AF3-B21E-5F354B1730F4.jpeg

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like this might not be the whole story.

You're saying that you received 2 out of 3 seahorses DOA, you sent a picture to Alyssa within 2 hrs of delivery, and she would not honor the guarantee?
This would be very surprising given how much business they do, and the fact that they have such a good reputation.
I'd be interested to hear more as well. Considering sourcing from them for a tank I set up soon. Having spent quite a bit of time on the website, I can't figure out how one would be able to spend $750 and only get 3 seahorses.

sabeypets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be interested to hear more as well. Considering sourcing from them for a tank I set up soon. Having spent quite a bit of time on the website, I can't figure out how one would be able to spend $750 and only get 3 seahorses.
Its easy to figure out inventory changes.
I ordered 3 horses @ $230 each plus shipping (around $60), 2 out of 3 came in dead, Alyssa (Kyle was also contacted, but he is no longer with them) was contacted immediately after shipment came in box was opened, no refund, no credit. This was NOT recently, this was my first and last order with them, I don't recommend them due to my one experience with them, there is not any more to say.

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its easy to figure out inventory changes.
I ordered 3 horses @ $230 each plus shipping (around $60), 2 out of 3 came in dead, Alyssa (Kyle was also contacted, but he is no longer with them) was contacted immediately after shipment came in box was opened, no refund, no credit. This was NOT recently, this was my first and last order with them, I don't recommend them due to my one experience with them, there is not any more to say.

You didn't fully answer my previous questions. Did you send a photo of the deceased animals in the bag within 2 hrs of arrival like their DOA policy requires?

Was your shipment delayed due to the shipper or an error in the shipping address?

Below are the exceptions to their DOA policy. Your order did not meet any of those criteria?

Exceptions that void our Guarantee:

-Seahorse Savvy is not responsible if there is an error in the provided shipping address.

-Package must be delivered on the first delivery attempt. Please make sure you are home to receive your order. If delivery is not made on the first attempt this voids our guarantee.

-Please follow our acclimation guide. Failure to do so voids our guarantee.

-Seahorse Savvy is not responsible for weather related shipping delays or FedEx/UPS shipping malfunctions.

-If you refuse a shipment for any reasons our guarantee is void and you are not eligible for a refund.

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You didn't fully answer my previous questions. Did you send a photo of the deceased animals in the bag within 2 hrs of arrival like their DOA policy requires?

Was your shipment delayed due to the shipper or an error in the shipping address?

Below are the exceptions to their DOA policy. Your order did not meet any of those criteria?

Exceptions that void our Guarantee:

-Seahorse Savvy is not responsible if there is an error in the provided shipping address.

-Package must be delivered on the first delivery attempt. Please make sure you are home to receive your order. If delivery is not made on the first attempt this voids our guarantee.

-Please follow our acclimation guide. Failure to do so voids our guarantee.

-Seahorse Savvy is not responsible for weather related shipping delays or FedEx/UPS shipping malfunctions.

-If you refuse a shipment for any reasons our guarantee is void and you are not eligible for a refund.
Sounds like a bad company wouldn’t buy toilet paper from them

Last edited by a moderator:

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever purchased fish online?
Those are fairly standard terms of sale for purchasing fish online.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever purchased fish online?
Those are fairly standard terms of sale for purchasing fish online.
Like to apologize I’m a commercial fisherman and I think buying marine life online n having it shipped UPS or FED EX is quite silly and should not be done. Just my opinion. I know not everyone lives near ocean or even have an ocean in their state. But if u Really Really want it, hop in ur car n take a heck of a long ride. I’d suggest a 5gal bucket with lid , an air filtration pump battery operated and have fun doing it. That’s the whole point. Have fun with ur seahorses. Enjoy them. But not in weird way. Lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back