Seahorse Tank Set Up Video

Seahorsekelly69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Just to warn you, I had not yet invested in a microphone when taping this video o_O. I felt the information was valuable enough to post anyways, but please excuse the background noise (everything from cycling k1 to tank flow....ugh).
My goal in these videos is to provide good information that will ASSIST the great articles written here, for those who prefer to watch how something is done, or need further clarification. Too much good information is never bad, and hopefully together, we will overcome all of the out-dated information plaguing the internet :).
I hope that some day this channel is able to provide answers to any seahorse question. Let me know if you have suggestions for future videos, or have a video that you would like to contribute to help seahorse keepers.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WOW! @Seahorsekelly69, thanks so much for this informative video! That's a lot of great info!

Hans Solo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watched your videos on your channel. I suggested a breeding video on a comment too. Thanks for them! More YouTube videos about aquariums the better!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome job!

gary henkel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice job kelly. i don't know you but obviously you've had a fair amount of experience. i was really pleased to see you comment on the need for flow in the tank. i have two returns from the main pump and two wavemaker type pumps, one mounted high and one mounted low to provide a continuous circular flow. as a diver, i've NEVER seen a seahorse in the wild in a low flow area. they are opportunistic predators with limited mobility, so potential prey has to come their way to be ambushed. and that stuff goes with the flow. very nice review for the new coral owner.

gary

gary henkel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice job kelly. i don't know you but obviously you've had a fair amount of experience. i was really pleased to see you comment on the need for flow in the tank. i have two returns from the main pump and two wavemaker type pumps, one mounted high and one mounted low to provide a continuous circular flow. as a diver, i've NEVER seen a seahorse in the wild in a low flow area. they are opportunistic predators with limited mobility, so potential prey has to come their way to be ambushed. and that stuff goes with the flow. very nice review for the new coral owner.

gary
i meant corral as in place where horses are kept. my bad/

OP
OP
Seahorsekelly69

Seahorsekelly69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watched your videos on your channel. I suggested a breeding video on a comment too. Thanks for them! More YouTube videos about aquariums the better!

Thanks! I'm working hard to get more videos up! I've just finished a diy fry tub set up and an sca 90g cube grow out, that's kept me way too busy lately. I'll definitely work on breeding vid next?

Look out for "wine with the whisperer"! I'm going to do my best to do this every wed. ;).

Kelly

OP
OP
Seahorsekelly69

Seahorsekelly69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

gary
I couldn’t agree more! I’m actually working on a video specifically about flow. My seahorses changed drastically for the better when I increased their “waves” :).

And...now I’m envious of you! I will get to see them in their natural habitat someday!!!!

Lilcherylpony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I do new posts when I put up new videos? or update here? Well, for now, here's what's newly posted and coming soon:

A little insider tip for the R2R seahorse loving members: There might be a give-away coming in a video soon! It might be something that would benefit all reef hobbyists, but seahorse people most of all. The video itself might give an inside view of one of the biggest and best phyto/pod/heck they provide it all- companies on the planet :). The person being interviewed might be so excellent (and pleasant to watch :)) that no give-away could top the information provided, but bonuses are always good! The give-away is NOT in the following videos, but they're worth watching too :).

I will have a dwarf seahorse tank set up video posted soon, produced and directed by the lovely LUCIE (wish i knew how to tag in here).

Featuring breeders:

Featuring specific seahorses:

Series on macroalgae:

or....just subscribe and click the notification button for all new vids :).
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYuBGdyryDe5iUirUMI47yQ?

Also, if anyone who wants to share their journey with seahorses in video form, as you can see ^^I love featuring them on my channel. Please feel free to send a message here on r2r, or any of my other forms of contact:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Seahorsemaster/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/seahorsewhisperer/

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I do new posts when I put up new videos? or update here? Well, for now, here's what's newly posted and coming soon:

A little insider tip for the R2R seahorse loving members: There might be a give-away coming in a video soon! It might be something that would benefit all reef hobbyists, but seahorse people most of all. The video itself might give an inside view of one of the biggest and best phyto/pod/heck they provide it all- companies on the planet :). The person being interviewed might be so excellent (and pleasant to watch :)) that no give-away could top the information provided, but bonuses are always good! The give-away is NOT in the following videos, but they're worth watching too :).

I will have a dwarf seahorse tank set up video posted soon, produced and directed by the lovely LUCIE (wish i knew how to tag in here).

Featuring breeders:

Featuring specific seahorses:

Series on macroalgae:

or....just subscribe and click the notification button for all new vids :).
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYuBGdyryDe5iUirUMI47yQ?

Also, if anyone who wants to share their journey with seahorses in video form, as you can see ^^I love featuring them on my channel. Please feel free to send a message here on r2r, or any of my other forms of contact:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Seahorsemaster/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/seahorsewhisperer/

@Lucie

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back