Seahorses and new reef started

Wshn41

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
33
Reaction score
100
Location
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 gal I have my seahorses in going for a year now. It houses 4 H. Erectus, 2 spotted mandarins and a couple peppermint shrimp and turbo snails, oh I almost forgot 2 scarlet reef hermits. I’m wanting to increase the number of ponies but until I have the qt tank cycled that’s a no go.
I now nave a 75 gal reef tank started. It’s cycled and has a 2 additions a Kenya tree and a beautiful Sherman? Anemone. 2 peppermints, numerous turbos ( population explosion, note to self, get another pair of mandarins) and 3 clowns.
I kept the seahorses alive through rolling blackouts through the “Snovid” episode here in Texas. Although I never would have guessed “rolling” blackouts were 8 to 9 hrs without power and 30 mins on. I enlisted the help of our trusty farm tractor idling along connected to the battery on our camper with a cord run into the house to the tank. Hey don’t judge lol it worked kept the tank above 65 degrees. Rotated between heater and filter and tanks.

6A09E781-0FE5-44B3-8D12-C2E095F4E0FB.jpeg 88452ED9-81C3-482B-BF1B-E10148F81782.jpeg
 
I just realized that everything in my new tank is .... orange.
 

Attachments

  • DBCF6560-3BC6-4885-9AF0-52252AF8878A.jpeg
    DBCF6560-3BC6-4885-9AF0-52252AF8878A.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 41
I think he’s happy
 

Attachments

  • 20FE400F-D1ED-414B-AB6F-7F684C75ED83.jpeg
    20FE400F-D1ED-414B-AB6F-7F684C75ED83.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 82
I have a question? I have T5 I think it’s called lights with actinic bulbs and super purple bulbs. Besides the anemone, clowns, pencil urchin and orange linckia starfish what else can I have?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new