seahorses and shipping

robinreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
89
Reaction score
2
Location
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been researching seahorses,being from a small community there are no options for buying.I have seen many posts that state that seahorses do not take shipping well.Even our overnight services are bad!So,is this true in your opinion or do they ship better than I have read?Also,where do you recommend buying them if you have to have them shipped?One lady told me that her dwarfs eat frozen...I have read they will only eat live.Much confusion,and alot of interest,but I will not consider setting up without a plan....Have had a reef tank running for over 10 years.
 
Last edited:
I bought mine off liveaquaria because that was the only place I could find an ingens. He was no more than 2 inches at the time and took the shipping well. Im sure people have had bad experiences but mine was fine! Hes over 5 inches now and healthy as can be!!
 
I have ordered seahorses online with zero issues. I have read some people claim that dwarves will eat live, but have yet to find substantial proof. What size tank do you have and your tank inhabitants?
 
I have ordered online with zero issues, I'll pm you with the company names. I'm not sure if we can post names of non sponsor companies on here.
 
If like to know trusted sources too. I've only bought mine from Aquatic Critter in Nashville but my next pair I may order.


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
I started with a 20g,then graduated to a 55g,then another graduation to a 75.Started it no less than 10 years ago...at one time had 2 tanks going!It is a mixed reef.Thinking of setting up a small tank for horses,have done alot of reading! :)
 
I am setting up a 28g Red Sea tank for my wife for seahorses. Do you have any pictures of how you have set up yours? What do you use for the ponies to attach to? Do you use plastic plants? Do they like a lot of reef rocks? Thanks. LMHUFTY
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new