seahorses and shipping

robinreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been researching seahorses,being from a small community there are no options for buying.I have seen many posts that state that seahorses do not take shipping well.Even our overnight services are bad!So,is this true in your opinion or do they ship better than I have read?Also,where do you recommend buying them if you have to have them shipped?One lady told me that her dwarfs eat frozen...I have read they will only eat live.Much confusion,and alot of interest,but I will not consider setting up without a plan....Have had a reef tank running for over 10 years.

Last edited:

Mr. E Wrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought mine off liveaquaria because that was the only place I could find an ingens. He was no more than 2 inches at the time and took the shipping well. Im sure people have had bad experiences but mine was fine! Hes over 5 inches now and healthy as can be!!

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered seahorses online with zero issues. I have read some people claim that dwarves will eat live, but have yet to find substantial proof. What size tank do you have and your tank inhabitants?

KatyEnochs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered online with zero issues, I'll pm you with the company names. I'm not sure if we can post names of non sponsor companies on here.

LisaD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If like to know trusted sources too. I've only bought mine from Aquatic Critter in Nashville but my next pair I may order.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
R

robinreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with a 20g,then graduated to a 55g,then another graduation to a 75.Started it no less than 10 years ago...at one time had 2 tanks going!It is a mixed reef.Thinking of setting up a small tank for horses,have done alot of reading! :)

lmhufty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a 28g Red Sea tank for my wife for seahorses. Do you have any pictures of how you have set up yours? What do you use for the ponies to attach to? Do you use plastic plants? Do they like a lot of reef rocks? Thanks. LMHUFTY

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 54 65.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back