Seal Plywood

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefguy13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefguy13

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2017
Messages
637
Reaction score
229
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am sure this topic has been discussed at nauseum but I am thinking of setting up a small frag tank and holding tank on a long work bench I have in my basement. It is made out of wood and the top is 1/2 plywood that is painted. What should I seal it with so when I splash saltwater from working in the frag tank or spill water it does not rot?
 
So I am sure this topic has been discussed at nauseum but I am thinking of setting up a small frag tank and holding tank on a long work bench I have in my basement. It is made out of wood and the top is 1/2 plywood that is painted. What should I seal it with so when I splash saltwater from working in the frag tank or spill water it does not rot?
Polyurethane
 
Polyeurethane is a good cheap option, but need several coats and it does not do well with standing water(it is water resistent not waterproof). Epoxy is more expensive, but also more durable.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new