Search and Rescue, Recovery

Hogall

Yes, that's me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't see my Xhatched Trigger for about a week. This morning I find him (dead :( ) wedged between two rocks that just happened to be out of my reach. BTW, he is about 7 inches...

The question is: What is the worth case senario if I left him there?

Any trick to recovery the body?

TIA

Dennis

I

inactive

View Badges
Depends on your clean up crew, I could lose a 5 inch fish and never find a piece of him the next day in my tank... Also depends on the size of the system, equipment and all that.

Emoney

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to agree with Karylen..Have lost a few dart fish and NEVER seen anything left the next day...but with a bunch of hermits and crabs that can be expected

OP
OP
Hogall

Hogall

Yes, that's me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do see lots of hermit crabs crawling all over it. It is a pretty good size system. I have a green brittle star (10"+) that was banished to the sump. I will try to catch it and put it on the DT.

I am not too sure is - if it safe for other fish to dine on him. Since I don't know the cause of him demise? What is a lifespan of a Trigger in captivity?

Depends on your clean up crew, I could lose a 5 inch fish and never find a piece of him the next day in my tank... Also depends on the size of the system, equipment and all that.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back