Seattle Trip

  • Thread starter Thread starter stylaster
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

stylaster

Reefer since '90
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2008
Messages
1,951
Reaction score
669
Location
Kelso, WA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heading to Seattle in a couple weeks and wanted to know of any good saltwater stores to visit
So far i have on my list to check out
Saltwater City
Barrier Reef Aquarium
B and D Aquarium
Blue Sierra
Sierra Fish and Pet
Wildside Tropical
The Fish Store
Wild World Aquariums

Thanks
 
Barrier Reef is a MUST! Tell Cy and the gang that I said Hi!
 
There is one that is located at about 104th and Aurora, I'm not sure of the name. It's a little ma and pa store and every time I go in there I get some nice gems at great prices. They mainly sell FW stuff but if you go back in the right hand corner of the shop there are about a dozen SW tanks.
 
Heading to Seattle in a couple weeks and wanted to know of any good saltwater stores to visit
So far i have on my list to check out
Saltwater City
Barrier Reef Aquarium
Blue Sierra


Thanks

I would consider these 3 a must.
 
Ahh I see, I've never been there. I have only been to a few Seattle LFS, I'm 3 hours north so I don't get down there often. I do know there was a good one in Tacoma that just closed though.
 
Heading to Seattle in a couple weeks and wanted to know of any good saltwater stores to visit
So far i have on my list to check out
Saltwater City
Barrier Reef Aquarium
B and D Aquarium
Blue Sierra
Sierra Fish and Pet
Wildside Tropical
The Fish Store
Wild World Aquariums

Thanks


The only stores in this list that are actually saltwater stores are Saltwater City in Belevue, Barrier Reef Aquarium in Renton , and Blue Sierra in Issaquah.
If you used Barrier Reef the center point, Saltwater City is about 20-25 minutes north on I-405 to I-520, and Blue Sierra is about 20-25 minutes east on I-90.

The others are just freshwater fish and pet stores that happen to have a few saltwater tanks. None of which I would bother going to if I was coming in from out of town.


Wild World Aquariums in Olympia was closed last time I went by.
 
cool thank you guys for the info!
 
When I was stationed in Whidbey a few years ago they had a cool shop that had a good selection by the movie theater. I'm not sure of the name of it though.
 
No worries, i'm sure i'll have pleeeeenty of time on shore duty to sniff out all the shops around me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new