Second Tang with Gem Tang 150g

Kevinmj70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are looking for a recommendation of another tang to go with a Gem Tang (zebramosa gemmata) in our 150g mixed coral reef tank. Tank is currently cycling and both fish will be added together. The Gem is already in our QT tank eating will and growing fatter. We also have Royal Gramma and Bangaii Cardinal Fish that will be added at the same time as well. A group of 6 blue/green chromis are the only other fish planned at this time. Thanks for the advice.
AB5885CF-21FC-419E-A785-308236923C92.jpeg

vanguard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, you're in luck. I just happen to have a 150 gallon tank and I was also brainstorming about tangs. For me, I decided that my yellow and tomini were probably enough for now in the tang family.

However, you might benefit from the notes I made for myself when I was shopping. Of course, it's all information taken from the internet but the format, order, and notes are my contribution.

Anyway, click below and see if that helps you. The red line was the "too big" line. You can use your own judgement.

vanguard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, to answer your question I'd probably get one of the Ctenochaetus (Bristletooth) tangs. I'm under the idea that different tangs might eat algae differently and compliment each other.

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, you're in luck. I just happen to have a 150 gallon tank and I was also brainstorming about tangs. For me, I decided that my yellow and tomini were probably enough for now in the tang family.

However, you might benefit from the notes I made for myself when I was shopping. Of course, it's all information taken from the internet but the format, order, and notes are my contribution.

Anyway, click below and see if that helps you. The red line was the "too big" line. You can use your own judgement.

That’s a great list

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do you take adderall by chance

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 50 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back