Second time a Gyre XF330 has failed

charlie28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im on my second gyre that was replaced by coral vue. I originally purchased a pair of 330 gyre combo along with a ICV6 wifi controller, 6 months down the road, one of the pumps failed to turn on. I did a couple of factory resets, and the pump would turn on for 2 seconds then shut off, and with the control display saying "Pump B OFF". I went through the support ticket, going back and forth couple time with CV they ended up sending me a replacement. Not to mention I do appreciate CV's effort but whats going on with the physical pumps, Two pumps within the year?

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seriously! :p
I am being serious. I mean who doesn’t like those top brand stuffs, I do too. But sometimes I just can’t justify myself paying that much and they do break just like the cheapo ones. Might as well get the cheap, then when it breaks I just get another one.

my jebao ow25 is being running since I started the tank 2 years ago, never clean it once. Crossing my finger, still works like new and somewhat quiet. Did I mention I paid like $65 shipped?

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also got a jebao Scp 120, that thing rock my 120 like a tsunami and I had it pull it out. If you’re local, $75. Like new.

christopher wainright

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been through 2 motor blocks on my xf 230s and they're really loud. I can hear them in my upstairs hallway and my tank is downstairs. Not really happy with them think I'm going to go back to hydors or jebaos when they die.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seriously! :p
Don't knock them. I have the new sinewave Jebao gyre and its quiet powerful and so far after 3 months reliable at less than half the price. I have had 4 maxspect gyrers in the past and if this Jebao lasts 12 months I will be happy, I can only wait and see, so far am impressed

Crashnt24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair that is still going strong over a year. I don't think i have even cleaned them once(oops). Sorry about your bad luck with these, i hope mine doesn't fail. You inspired me to clean them this weekend.

OP
OP
C

charlie28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't knock them. I have the new sinewave Jebao gyre and its quiet powerful and so far after 3 months reliable at less than half the price. I have had 4 maxspect gyrers in the past and if this Jebao lasts 12 months I will be happy, I can only wait and see, so far am impressed

Not knocking them at all, what I really meant is that i should switch to jebao's

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been through 2 motor blocks on my xf 230s and they're really loud. I can hear them in my upstairs hallway and my tank is downstairs. Not really happy with them think I'm going to go back to hydors or jebaos when they die.
Hi, thanks for your support. We are sorry for your inconvenience. Regarding this issue, maybe there's some salts or debris getting in your motor, and the friction causes the noise. Maybe it can reduce the noise if you could disassemble the motor(Take out the shaft), make a cleaning, and see if the noise can go down. Otherwise, it may be helpful if you add a little solid lubricant(For example Vaseline) around the motor and run the motor in clean water so that the motor can take in the lub, which can help to reduce the friction and noise.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a jebao next time?

Hi, may we know what country are you from?
We understand that you like economical products, and we are sorry that there's any quality issue happening on gyres.
But we are sorry to tell you that, Maxspect Gyres have the USA patents and Europe Patents.
So it is a right thing to do if you are to support our gyre products from USA or Europe.
And we have Icecap pumps and MJ-GF pumps for lower prices if you are looking for economical products:

Last edited:

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im on my second gyre that was replaced by coral vue. I originally purchased a pair of 330 gyre combo along with a ICV6 wifi controller, 6 months down the road, one of the pumps failed to turn on. I did a couple of factory resets, and the pump would turn on for 2 seconds then shut off, and with the control display saying "Pump B OFF". I went through the support ticket, going back and forth couple time with CV they ended up sending me a replacement. Not to mention I do appreciate CV's effort but whats going on with the physical pumps, Two pumps within the year?
Hi, we are sorry for your inconvenience. May we know if the second time "Pump B OFF" issue is because the pump gets faulty, or is it the controller issue? If it is the controller issue, do you have the serial number of the controller for us to double check? Thanks for your support on our products again.

OP
OP
C

charlie28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@csmaxspect, the issue is the controller. coralvue has reached out to me via email and diagnosed the problem by having swap the pumps between the different controller ports a & b.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@csmaxspect, the issue is the controller. coralvue has reached out to me via email and diagnosed the problem by having swap the pumps between the different controller ports a & b.
Thanks for the feedback, and may we know if you still have the faulty controller on hand? Could you share us the serial number? We will track the production date and check with engineers and relevant suppliers regarding this issue.

Neoalchemist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, may we know what country are you from?
We understand that you like economical products, and we are sorry that there's any quality issue happening on gyres.
But we are sorry to tell you that, Maxspect Gyres have the USA patents and Europe Patents.
So it is a right thing to do if you are to support our gyre products from USA or Europe.
And we have Icecap pumps and MJ-GF pumps for lower prices if you are looking for economical products:
I would agree except for the made in China stamp on the pumps. All I would be supporting is the upper echalons of a company that over charges me and the rest of U.S. and Europe and doesn't support us by hiring U.S. or European workers for manufacturing.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would agree except for the made in China stamp on the pumps. All I would be supporting is the upper echalons of a company that over charges me and the rest of U.S. and Europe and doesn't support us by hiring U.S. or European workers for manufacturing.
Hi, thanks for your support anyway. Though I think economical or political topics might be improper under this post, with all due respect, if these products were manufactured in U.S. or Europe, these prices would only be higher. If you read news about the welfare of Chinese workers and the problems of China environment on Internet, which is part of the invisible costs of Made in China products. In another word, if these products were manufactured in U.S. or Europe, we are afraid the local labour union or envrionment protection associations would disagree they are manufactured or sold in such a competative prices.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You pay more for the warranty or company support. Jebao won’t be spending time on the phone with you troubleshooting, getting you a replacement.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You pay more for the warranty or company support. Jebao won’t be spending time on the phone with you troubleshooting, getting you a replacement.
True in a way, but if a product is cheap enough for replacement without trouble shooting, I would go for it. And in fact, many have good luck with Jebao.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back