OP
Todd Black

Todd Black

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, interesting choice you've made there.... (Mp40 is of course now off)

IMG_20181018_052238.jpg

OP
OP
Todd Black

Todd Black

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This little guy is the reason I wanted a reef tank. I waited 18 months till I got him, and I thought I lost him moments after introducing him (MP40 fired just after putting him in, sucking him to the side). I turned the pump off immediately, he swam away and vanished...

2 weeks later i found him in the overflow,skinny but alive. I tried my coke bottle fish trap for a couple of days but that didn't work, so I patiently waited till I could net him out. That was a few hours of frustration followed by, at 1am, elation.

Mandarin.JPG

He's still a bit skinny but is putting on weight

OP
OP
Todd Black

Todd Black

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgraded the skimmer to a Red Sea Reefer Skimmer 600. what a story that turned into! I couldn't get the collection cup off and would have to remove the skimmer from the sump, stand on it and use both hands to wriggle the collection cup free.

I named the skimmer "Excalibur" and logged a job with Red Sea. They were very helpful but when nothing worked and i asked for a refund, they asked for a video. Once they watched the video they contacted my LFS and the Australian Red Sea distributor. Next thing i know the State Red Sea rep wanted to pay Excalibur and myself a visit. I think they thought i was exaggerating and at most the problem could be fixed with a replacement collection cup.

So he came over, had a go at removing the collection cup, and instantly offered me a replacement or a refund. I took the refund

I now have a Dalua GW-10 and am very happy. Although i do miss Excalibur....

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahahaha that is awesome about excalibur! Glad to see you have a worthy replacement though :)

OP
OP
Todd Black

Todd Black

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a false start last friday, it just doesn't seem to stop raining here in Queensland, I had the tank moved yesterday. Very happy to get the tank off of hard wood floors and onto a concrete slab floor.

1666983216022.png

OP
OP
Todd Black

Todd Black

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, there's been a few water changes performed since then. A whole heap of family and personal issues have happened in the last 12 months which means water changes and a few fish is all that's happened. Using only man made/dead rock means that it's still still quite bare

On the equipment front the clarisea roller mat died and i replaced it with a redsea, cannibalizing the refugium in my sump. i have also purchased a mastertronic and am eagerly awaiting its arrival

1697839478975.png

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 139 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 112 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back