Second Time Around

OK, interesting choice you've made there.... (Mp40 is of course now off)

IMG_20181018_052238.jpg
 
This little guy is the reason I wanted a reef tank. I waited 18 months till I got him, and I thought I lost him moments after introducing him (MP40 fired just after putting him in, sucking him to the side). I turned the pump off immediately, he swam away and vanished...

2 weeks later i found him in the overflow,skinny but alive. I tried my coke bottle fish trap for a couple of days but that didn't work, so I patiently waited till I could net him out. That was a few hours of frustration followed by, at 1am, elation.


Mandarin.JPG


He's still a bit skinny but is putting on weight
 
For my birthday my family took me to my LFS and I got a torq reactor. Very impressed, no having to plumb it in or run an extra pump

torq reactor.jpg
 
Upgraded the skimmer to a Red Sea Reefer Skimmer 600. what a story that turned into! I couldn't get the collection cup off and would have to remove the skimmer from the sump, stand on it and use both hands to wriggle the collection cup free.

I named the skimmer "Excalibur" and logged a job with Red Sea. They were very helpful but when nothing worked and i asked for a refund, they asked for a video. Once they watched the video they contacted my LFS and the Australian Red Sea distributor. Next thing i know the State Red Sea rep wanted to pay Excalibur and myself a visit. I think they thought i was exaggerating and at most the problem could be fixed with a replacement collection cup.

So he came over, had a go at removing the collection cup, and instantly offered me a replacement or a refund. I took the refund

I now have a Dalua GW-10 and am very happy. Although i do miss Excalibur....
 
hahahaha that is awesome about excalibur! Glad to see you have a worthy replacement though :)
 
having had life through me some real curve balls the last few years, its time for V3.0

Step 1. Tear down
Step 2. Move the tank downstairs (hopefully happening in about 2 hours)

1666302735810.png
 
After a false start last friday, it just doesn't seem to stop raining here in Queensland, I had the tank moved yesterday. Very happy to get the tank off of hard wood floors and onto a concrete slab floor.

1666983216022.png
 
wow, there's been a few water changes performed since then. A whole heap of family and personal issues have happened in the last 12 months which means water changes and a few fish is all that's happened. Using only man made/dead rock means that it's still still quite bare

On the equipment front the clarisea roller mat died and i replaced it with a redsea, cannibalizing the refugium in my sump. i have also purchased a mastertronic and am eagerly awaiting its arrival

1697839478975.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new