Secrets to some of the best coral photography

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found that the Google pixel line of phones can take some pretty decent pictures using an orange filter. I'm sure there is some incremental increase in quality with a dedicated camera, and I'm sure that the photography aficionados will clutch their pearls to hear me suggest a camera phone ...
PXL_20220213_142252490.jpg
PXL_20220213_230021837.jpg
Here is your same picture wwc style :) (few mins in Snapseed)
PXL_20220213_230021837-01.jpeg

kiran

reef noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man appreciate you taking the time to help.
Here's some of the photos I've taken. I linked my blog because it has uncompressed pics.

Scroll down a little and you can see them.

They're not WWC quality but I feel like I'm getting there slowly.

OP
OP
ReefRondo

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's some of the photos I've taken. I linked my blog because it has uncompressed pics.

Scroll down a little and you can see them.

They're not WWC quality but I feel like I'm getting there slowly.
Very, very nice! Well done!

willitrue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many guides on the Internet about how to shoot correctly in different conditions. There are also guides about which camera models are best to buy at the moment how much it costs.
There are many guides on the Internet about how to shoot correctly in different conditions. There are also guides about which camera models are best to buy at the moment how much it costs. What programs are used when editing a character, the correct settings of colors and brightness, etc. Dude, just Google or watch videos on YouTube. Or watch ready-made photos and adopt some features, for example, from platforms such as depositphotos. If you have any other questions on this topic, you can write to me in private messages at any time. I will help you.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How I would love the likes of WWC or Battlecorals to let us all know exactly how they capture their photos. Every detail from camera model, lens, filters, software to tweak etc. Come on guys what is your recipe?!?
shoot man! should have tagged me! Never saw this. Just happened upon this now. And thanks! I am taking this as a massive compliment!

I am an open book when it comes to pretty much anything I do or think lol.

Here's my hard specs. Let me know if theres any other info I can get for you. I'm actually working on doing video now, at least for social media with the same set up but still trying to find the right settings. Not sure if this lens is quite right for it. There's a few threads out there that I detail some of my pic set up and technique as well.

• Cannon 6d
  • Ziess Makro planar 50mm. manual focus
  • I shoot in manual usually around f18-20
  • finally updated Lightroom from a 10+ year old version
  • have shot under many different lights but 80% of the pics on the site were taken under radium 20k on m-80 ballasts. this % is going down however as I am shooting under leds now.
  • have dabbled with orange filter but. didn't like the results
  • anything I left out. just let me know

liam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found that the Google pixel line of phones can take some pretty decent pictures using an orange filter. I'm sure there is some incremental increase in quality with a dedicated camera, and I'm sure that the photography aficionados will clutch their pearls to hear me suggest a camera phone ...
PXL_20220213_142252490.jpg
PXL_20220213_230021837.jpg
Pics look great, do you have a recommendation for a filter,I have a pixel 7pro but found the camera lense layout on the phone hard to find a lense for it,thanks

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%

Back