Selecting Skimmer for 32 AIO FijiCube

tuggerlake26

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 24, 2020
Messages
70
Reaction score
27
Location
Chicago, IL USA
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm struggling to find a good skimmer for my new 32 gallon FijiCube AIO.

The protein skimmer refugium is 3.9"x 8.6".

First, I tried a Tunze. It fits, but the issue is you have to rotate the skimmer sideways, which means there is no way to use the magnets to attach the skimmer to the tank. The glass on the inside of the refugium is "doubled" between sections, so putting the magnet in between the sections doesn't work.

The option I just got was a FijiCube skimmer. It obviously fits, but I've had it for almost a month now and still struggle to break it in. It either pulls in water or nothing. You also have to remove the entire inner tube of the skimmer when emptying the skimmate cup. Very inconvenient and makes a mess. Not a huge fan of it.

Anyone have a FijiCube that found a skimmer that works?
 
Though you may have to build a stand for it, I would take a serious look at the Aquamaxx WS-1. It has a 5.9x3.2 inch footprint. I ran an Aquamaxx HOB-1, which is just the hang on version of this skimmer and it is quite the capable skimmer design. Much better performance wise over so called “nano” skimmers IMO.

EE94CDC6-CB43-4A21-A39C-DFB42F0296DA.png
 
I have a hydor nano slim skim on my 38 gallon fijicube peninsula. It works amazing and fits perfectly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new