Selling chalice frags without eyes?

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't see why a seller can't just wait for the frag to grow an eye. If it's healthy enough to live without one, it shouldn't take too long for it to grow one, IMO. Selling pieces w/o eyes and not disclosing it before hand is a no-no in my book.

jordan3548

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on the chalice for me. I dont have the $ to drop a G for a My miami eye so if someone were to offer an eyeless frag of it that has been healed for alot cheaper I would pick it up why not?

JOSE CASAS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never buy or sell eyeless pieces........................no point in the gamble with high end frags. I wont be happy if it dies or vise- versa, even though I have agreed to eyeless frags in the past and they didn't make it for me.

dell2go

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an exotic chalices pack. One chalice came in with no eye and it happened to be one of my favorite from the pack, The Flame Thrower. The seller didn't tell me that. It made through the shipping but didn't do well. It melted a month later. So, I bought another with one eye, different seller off course. It came in perfectly fine and are thriving very well.

I

inactive

View Badges
I will never buy nor sell a chalice without an eye.... I have been offered with some of my chalices but I refuse to sell it....

Great practice, I do the same.

If I paid a bunch of cash for a chalice, and it arrived without an eye, I'm pretty sure I would take an eye from the seller and glue it to a frag plug. hahahha

glasseyeblue.jpg

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ROFL!! The Blind Booger Chalice!! NOW there is a name that isn't taken!!!

man i want one of these - def going to be the next hot chalice, i hear if you act fast the price is very stupid high but worth it

i wonder if i can pre-order mine before the seller gets a list going. maybe that booger can get cut into 5 - 6 pieces and i split it with some others so the price is only slightly stupid high

nah - with my luck it'll probably melt on them before i get my chance to give my money away - i hate when that happens - if they had only sent it out right after fragging it at least i could of had it in my tank for a day or two before it died!

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started buying chalices and have received a couple of boogers. Pink ******* booger had no eye and twice has almost died on me. It has the slowest growth and colors are way off. I'm new so I never asked for a picture of the frag in advance. Other boogers I've gotten have 1-2 eyes and have been healthy and growing strong. Can't wait until my stuff starts growing out. I'll be selling/trading for cheaper and giving out bigger frags.

Sinc im addicted to chalices,lol, and am always paranoid of their deaths ever since I got a booger oregon mummy eye with half an eye and that was it.....it died:cry:

So I always ask for pictures of the actual frag,

and im growing out a couple of mine for fraging,selling, and trading,in a couple of months, so I can get some fish $

And i havent recieved.but if i did recieve a chalice with no eye i would be devestated...but that is just me... . .

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never bought or sold a chalice without an eye. The "eye" is actually a "mouth" The "mouth" is used to feed. If it needs to grow a mouth before it can feed then obviously its not an ideal scenario.
as for tiny booger frags, I would obviously like the biggest frag I can get but have never been one to complain about a frag if it has an eye and is fully healled. I can grow it myself. Its health is whats most important to me.

waxy

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! I hope they see you coming before you take their eyes!

Great practice, I do the same.

If I paid a bunch of cash for a chalice, and it arrived without an eye, I'm pretty sure I would take an eye from the seller and glue it to a frag plug. hahahha

glasseyeblue.jpg

Bugzme

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm with Kraylen! I don't want chalices without a way to eat!

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an tyree pink watermellon with no eyes and within a few weeks it sprouted four new eyes.

aharrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eyeless frags will survive in my experience. But let me put my disclaimer, all the eyeless pieces i have had are from fragging my own mother colony and it was an accidental break off. I did buy a solid size piece of pink ******* from Gadgets with no eyes, but he and I agreed before hand and I live an hour away so i wasn't worried about shipping. I don't think they will survive the shipping with no eye. Who knows, but I put the pieces I accidentally break off on a frag plug and forget about them and they eventually have grown an eye.

What i have noticed is the slow down in growth is enormous. Depending on the chalice it adds months and months to the growth process. As someone else stated, no mouth, no way to feed and takes all their energy to form an eye just to feed. However with that being said, common sense says that if the chalice is strong enough to grow the mouth and survive then it should be a strong piece.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back