Selling Forum

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm not sure if it is a temporary thing, but the threads along the lines of 'this thread is for the discussion of "item x for sale" ', in the selling forum, seems a bit weird.

Will this be amalgamated into the actual classified in the future? It seems a bit cumbersome to have a classified ad and a discussion thread for every single item that is for sale.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not sure if it is a temporary thing, but the threads along the lines of 'this thread is for the discussion of "item x for sale" ', in the selling forum, seems a bit weird.

Will this be amalgamated into the actual classified in the future? It seems a bit cumbersome to have a classified ad and a discussion thread for every single item that is for sale.

The thread is created as a place for questions to be asked publicly. When someone clicks the “ask a question” within the classified it redirects them to the thread.

OP
OP
F

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I might be a little picky but it just looks a bit strange (and it does annoy me a bit).

I have never browsed the classifieds, I do all of my browsing in the selling threads.

Before, I could click on the title in the thread and immediately see the item for sale and all of the details and discussion. Now I need to choose between browsing through the items and then clicking again to see the discussion, or browsing the discussion and then clicking again to see the item.

The process now appears more cumbersome than it was.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I might be a little picky but it just looks a bit strange (and it does annoy me a bit).

I have never browsed the classifieds, I do all of my browsing in the selling threads.

Before, I could click on the title in the thread and immediately see the item for sale and all of the details and discussion. Now I need to choose between browsing through the items and then clicking again to see the discussion, or browsing the discussion and then clicking again to see the item.

The process now appears more cumbersome than it was.

It’s ok we’re trying to make it better so this is good info.

Are you saying you have to click again inside the thread to see the item for sale?

OP
OP
F

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok, so here is what is looks like in the thread:

R2R1.jpg

And here is what it looks like in the classifieds:

R2R2.jpg

You can't see any of the description or details in the thread. The only way to get that is to click on the link and view the item in the classifieds.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok, so here is what is looks like in the thread:

R2R1.jpg

And here is what it looks like in the classifieds:

R2R2.jpg

You can't see any of the description or details in the thread. The only way to get that is to click on the link and view the item in the classifieds.

Ah I see! Very good point! I will see about getting this added!

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @revhtree
When i click create new thread instead of create new ad. It redirects me to create an ad anyways.
I do not like selling with the ad template as its generally more confusing and prefer to keep the standard forum thread template as ive been doing but it seems this feature is gone now.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey @revhtree
When i click create new thread instead of create new ad. It redirects me to create an ad anyways.
I do not like selling with the ad template as its generally more confusing and prefer to keep the standard forum thread template as ive been doing but it seems this feature is gone now.

I am sorry but yes we have upgraded to the new classified system. It has so much more tools available for sellers and buyers. We have yet to show you what those are but will soon! Give it a shot and remember we are still working on it and tweaking it.

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
@revhtree

I agree with the OP, and I have one other question.

Why does it require me to upload "something", most likely a pic, when it still seems to allow for embedding a pic (which incidentally seems to look like it works, but really doesn't when the post/ad goes live)? For example, I embedded my pics, like normal, then it required me to upload a file, so I just uploaded one of the pics I used in the listing. But then, in the listing, it only showed the uploaded pic and showed an error for the embedded pic. I just deleted the other embedded one (that was NOT uploaded) and it was fine. But that's a bit odd I'd think.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whole thing seems like trying to fix something that wasn't broke.

The item description is written over top of the photo, so you have to focus harder on reading the words, or harder trying to look at the photo. Then I just saw one for lights. The photo was a tank of rock.

The grouping is ok. If I'm looking for a light, I can click on lighting.

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I can add my $.02; There are 2 tabs in the classified ads, Overview and Discussion. When clicking on an ad, it takes you immediately to the discussion tab and you have to click on the overview to see the details of the item(s), which would seem is why you clicked the ad in the first place. It would seem (to me anyways) the proper thing would be to start at the overview and then click the discussion tab if you want to read or ask questions. If the discussion tab is even needed. :)

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to modify my response above. Actually just noticed 2 different scenarios. If you watch the dry goods selling forum, click the bell, then click on an ad that is in the new classifieds it takes you to the discussion tab in the ad. If you instead go in from the main classifieds tab and click on an ad it takes you to the overview tab in the ad.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry but yes we have upgraded to the new classified system. It has so much more tools available for sellers and buyers. We have yet to show you what those are but will soon! Give it a shot and remember we are still working on it and tweaking it.
@revhtree I think i am going to be discontinuing with sales here on R2R due to issues with the classifieds and not being able to sell in a general forum format.
Ive already had 2 sales fall through because the buyers were having issues finding the photos....

It should be our choice especially if we are supporters paying to be here!!!

Idk why im being forced to create a classified add when i see other for sale threads that arent in this format posted within the last few days!!! Thats rediculous!

Please fix this so we are allowed the option to post a regular for sale thread and arent forced to use the confusing template.

Last edited:

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree is there any update to this?
Why am i seeing countless for sale threads still being posted in the market place but i am only able to create a new add?
I would like to be able to continue to post threads just like everyone else is able to do.
As a R2R supporter, this seems backwards.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What you’re probably seeing are old threads that were started before the classifieds. If you see a new one message me so I can see why and get it fixed. We’re working on the classifieds to make it better.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No I see you are right and newer threads have been created. Looking into now.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I see you are right and newer threads have been created. Looking into now.
Would be great if when looking into it, you can change the feature to allow thread posts instead of redirecting to post a classified add.

Seriously, the classified add section is a joke and a half to navigate let alone post my items......

Its really putting a sour taste in my mouth here @revhtree :(

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What makes it hard to navigate? Let's focus on that comment from you for a minute.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What makes it hard to navigate? Let's focus on that comment from you for a minute.
I had 3 sellers ask where are the photos.
They only see one....
I have to walk them through how to navigate the classified add everytime and i dont have time to do that for every interested party.

Its not user friendly at all.
Were using a forum based website, not autotrader!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had 3 sellers ask where are the photos.
They only see one....
I have to walk them through how to navigate the classified add everytime and i dont have time to do that for every interested party.

Its not user friendly at all.
Were using a forum based website, not autotrader!

Good news for this is we are going to be adding the full description to the thread along with the photos you post. We're setting this up to be the best of both worlds.

Back