Selling some coral frags

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I've decided to sell a few of these frags. I'm going to sell them for a lot less than I purchased them for. Thought about giving them away but I want to stock up on fragging supplies for when my nicer SPS are needing a trim. Hard to justify spending significantly more on fragging supplies without getting some return.

WARNING: My tank does have both aptasia and small vermitid snails. If you are afraid of either you don't want these!!!

I will be home from noon until 5pm tomorrow, 3/24 (Sunday). I will also be home and available from 5:30pm until 9pm on Thursday and Friday this week. I will be available over the weekend, but not sure when yet.

I'm going to sell these zoa frags for $20 each.
DSC_0006.jpg

I will sell these birdsnest for $5 or free if you buy a zoa frag.
DSC_0008.jpg

I have 2 green Monti Cap frags (I'll edit in a picture soon) I'll sell for $20 each.

I can frag my orange Monti Cap pretty much any time. I'll let those go for $10 each. Just give me a heads up as I don't have any ready right now.

I have a split from my BTA that I am willing to try and get off the rock. Will sell for $20 but will want a heads up to make sure I can get it off the rock and into a holding container.
DSC_0020.jpg

I have a purple photosynthetic Gorgonian frag $20 (Will edit in picture)

One frag of a birdsnest from Adam at Battlecorals. It had some green highlights but they faded in my tank. $10. (Will edit in picture)

Last edited:

Andrew Wulff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What color is the BTA?

I might be interested in the Gorgonian too.

Where are you located?

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What color is the BTA?

I might be interested in the Gorgonian too.

Where are you located?
It's a boring one. I'm in Decatur not far from Logans.

The BTA is nothing special. Very common.
DSC_0020.jpg

Andrew Wulff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be interested in the BTA but chances to make it today are pretty slim. If someone else is interested don't wait on me.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be interested in the BTA but chances to make it today are pretty slim. If someone else is interested don't wait on me.
As long as someone is interested I'll work on getting him off the rock. Since there is interest, I'll try to make that happen today. I have an acclimation box from Octo Aquatics that is designed for holding nems so I can keep him there for weeks if needed.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can direct a powerhead directly on it to make it turn loose.
Thanks Harry. That does seem to be the safest way I've seen referenced. Looks like I need to find 30 minutes or so to keep my hands in the tank!

headdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Count me in for a zoa/ bird's nest combo and a orange monti. Way to nice of specimens to pass up. :) You coming into Athens or Madison any time soon?

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Count me in for a zoa/ bird's nest combo and a orange monti. Way to nice of specimens to pass up. :) You coming into Athens or Madison any time soon?
I will grab a frag from the orange monti and get it mounted for you. If I do make it into Madison, it won't be until Sunday. Possibly Saturday if the weather isn't going to work for golf.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get it to come loose?
I have not yet. I tried for about 15 minutes with no luck. He's a determined little bugger. I need to have 30 to 60 minutes dedicated to removing him and I haven't had that yet.

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Brew12 ( Steven), All corals are acclimated and in my tank looking good. I've got them all at the bottom to acclimate to lights. I forgot to ask you what lighting they were under. I have all Kessil 360X on mine now.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like your Kessil 360X? Does it render pink and yellow very well?
One of my Chinese black box light (Evergrow IT2040) lost three Royal blue LED chips. I am thinking about replacing it. Amazingly the inexpensive Evergrow light was a perfect match to my old Phoenix 14K MH lamp color wise. I am looking for a good one. Dr. Sanjay Joshi mentioned in one of reef videos that Radion was still not great with yellow.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back