Selling some coral frags

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like your Kessil 360X? Does it render pink and yellow very well?
One of my Chinese black box light (Evergrow IT2040) lost three Royal blue LED chips. I am thinking about replacing it. Amazingly the inexpensive Evergrow light was a perfect match to my old Phoenix 14K MH lamp color wise. I am looking for a good one. Dr. Sanjay Joshi mentioned in one of reef videos that Radion was still not great with yellow.

I have had the Kessil 360X for a couple of months now and I absolutely love them. I have had Metal Halide with T5 combo, I have had black boxes and Black Boxes with T5 combo. The Kessils are the best I've had so far. I have 4 of them on my 225 gal tank that's 5' x 3' x 24" depth. I may add 1 more but right now I think the 4 are doing a good job of covering everything as they have a very wide angle spread of light. So far I have had them set on the Factory color mix and have not really experimented much with the colors. I do have the controller ans its seems like you can make the color do just about what ever you like as far ans spectrum. I am waiting for them to introduce the cord for the Apex so that I can have them running through the APEX. Then I will most likely do some experimenting with the colors. I do have to say they definitely gave me back the shimmer of the Metal Halide I had lost with the Black boxes and I think they also give me peace of mind that I'm very confident that I have the complete spectrum needed for my corals. Sorry I didn't really answer your question but hopefully in the next couple months I can host a NARC meeting and you can see them in person.

Brew12 sorry for sidetracking in your threado_O

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the feedback mehaffydr, and sorry for hijacking, Steve.
I am looking forward to visiting and seeing your setup.
Hijacking is just fine!

headdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super thanks to Brew12, love the legitimate glow of this orange Monti under even daytime light. Great color. The bird'snest had polip extension right away and the zoa's are opening up. Highly recommend grabbing these frags to anyone in driving distance.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any success in getting the BTA to let go?
I haven't tried again yet. Its in a very challenging part of the tank to get to which is not good for the motivation.

Super thanks to Brew12, love the legitimate glow of this orange Monti under even daytime light. Great color. The bird'snest had polip extension right away and the zoa's are opening up. Highly recommend grabbing these frags to anyone in driving distance.
I'm glad you like them! Hopefully they will keep doing well for you.

I'm sure I paid too much for those zoas but I had never seen any near that color. I paid even more for the brightly colored orange ones but they are growing very slowly. It was easy to find greens, reds, and blues for the aquarium but yellows and oranges were harder so I couldn't help but jump on those.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you still do $20 for a frag and would one day this weekend work?
I will honor the $20 for both. And if you could swing by between noon and 4pm on Saturday or 12pm to 5pm on Sunday I could do that this weekend.

emcgahee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will honor the $20 for both. And if you could swing by between noon and 4pm on Saturday or 12pm to 5pm on Sunday I could do that this weekend.

Saturday would be a good day. Where and what time would you like to meet?

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checking again on the nem.
I was actually just thinking about this. He finally moved just a few inches but it may be enough for me to get to his foot a little better. Going to make another try this weekend, if not later this afternoon.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back