SEvolution

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I’m thinking to start a 40G tank
24x24x16 inches

Planning to keep SPS mainly with some LPS at bottom and fishes 3-4 (wrasse, hawkfish, clowns)

If you could guide me about lighting

What lights should I be looking for as I am on a budget. I have been reading about noopsyche, nicrews and reefi which one should I opt for as I cannot afford Radeon XR30

What skimmer should I go for?

How much live rocks?

Which wavemaker is better for this setup. Is jebao good?

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been researching reefi look great nice price. You may need 2 for enough coverage, Daniel at reefi is nice and responsive he would be better to ask for coverage though. Are you going with a sump? That will help determine what skimmer, I like reef octos, they are work horses and reliable. I use Jebao return pumps they are great. I have a small jebao sow I think.... its so so.

edit nope its an slw-10 doesnt control well and I didnt pay attention to over all size (my fault) magnet is supposed to be good for upto .3" I think barely stays on .25. It works but could be much better.

Last edited:

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i purchased noopsyche, and they have worked great for me. my system doesnt have a ton of sps in it, but they will create the light that you need. there is also the non named brand for the reefbreeders that is cheaply priced as well, called evergrow. i have a few of the branded reefbreeders that i plan to use, and i like the way that they look. as far as i know, there are some differences between the branded and non branded, but not sure how much that difference matters

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back