Semir's Reef

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends, did you do a water change? Cannot remember. I think you said you were doing them often. In a 10g, you can do 100% no problem. If you have the live wet rock! You will be amazed now well it works when fighting issues. I do it on my 40g, 20g and 6g quite often.
If you had been doing them, they came back in line. Good thing. Now, keep them constant. :)

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends, did you do a water change? Cannot remember. I think you said you were doing them often. In a 10g, you can do 100% no problem. If you have the live wet rock! You will be amazed now well it works when fighting issues. I do it on my 40g, 20g and 6g quite often.
If you had been doing them, they came back in line. Good thing. Now, keep them constant. :)
haven't done a water change in a while because i havent had salt. Been about two weeks now since the last. it was with leftover coral pro salt. Im waiting for my order to come in so i can go ahead and start mixing RO/DI with salt, then i can stock the tank. Ive got an idea on what i want for my fishy but it may be risky. Im super excited, ive got this reef bug in me. I've been looking at old tank pics just reminiscing.

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I woke up to a text message asking I wanted to go ahead and have the day off because they are cutting hours. i replied with no and they had already taken me off schedule so i guess i have a day off today. Gotta love it.

Anyways in the light of things, letting the tank do its thing. No testing or dosing today. Just letting it air out and relax. in the mean time im going through my reef instagram. Looking at old pics, evaluating thing i want in this tank and what i do not. I think its good to dwell on the past and decide what would be best for me in this 10g.

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 3.26.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 3.25.55 PM.png

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Im going to be doing Soft Coral again, i mean.... it says it under my name. how could you go wrong with it. I think my main focus is going to be mushroom and zoas. I definitely will be adding kenya tree's and toadstools cause those are in my top 5.

As for fishies, Ive been looking and looking. Ive had so many and to be honest i think im sticking away from clowns and the usual nano tank suspects. LOL.

Right now, the fish i want is a yasha goby. i think they are very interesting especially with its symbiotic relationship.

BUT

Ive decided to go with the original plan and that is a frogfish. Ive been doing so much research on these things for the past several months that i even considered to add on a small short 1-2g freshwater tank for ghost shrimp. lol... (although i can most likely add the ghost shrimp to the reef tank after slowly slowly drip acclimating them.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also a sucker for softies, this thread was only 2 pages so all caught up here, about 15 deep into the old one.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
AHH..The new one... :)

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also a sucker for softies, this thread was only 2 pages so all caught up here, about 15 deep into the old one.
LOL, there some juicy pics in that one, but it worthless when in comes to reading

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back