OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I would not leave the scape as that. :p I would break up the rock a bit and make a better look. Easy enough to do with hammer and chisel and some glue and sand.
no sand in this tank. its going to be bb. Ive never used glue to attach my rocks.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you took that as a joke. It was meant to be. OH, the sand was for the glueing method, not the bottom of the tank. I would break it up simply to make caves and outcrops for the angler. They like that. areas to hide and ambush.

As far as ease, the glue and sand method worked great on my rocks. I did it on live rock too. It uses the Gluemasters thin glue and very fine sand to make a bond for the rocks. Super easy, but smelly while doing. Holds fast and strong.

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you took that as a joke. It was meant to be. OH, the sand was for the glueing method, not the bottom of the tank. I would break it up simply to make caves and outcrops for the angler. They like that. areas to hide and ambush.

As far as ease, the glue and sand method worked great on my rocks. I did it on live rock too. It uses the Gluemasters thin glue and very fine sand to make a bond for the rocks. Super easy, but smelly while doing. Holds fast and strong.
ah my bad. i went ahead and re did the scape tho. Kinda in a bad mood so i took whatever a read with a grain of salt. LOL. Ill post a picture again soon. but i still feel like its not good enough. Such small canvas to work on, ya know?

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i might actually do the glue and sand and make a like floating scape for the right side. left side is decent, but that right side is really annoying me

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lion king im ordering extra stuff for the tank. How susceptible to diseases are frogfish/angler? Should i add a UV Sterilizer?

Anglers can catch protazoan diseases like ich and velvet, and can get internal parasites. I don't beleieve the uv systems run on home aquariums will manage disease, the only thing I find useful in these uv units is for algae management. You'll have to research what it takes for uv sterilization to address such issues, most hobbyist are just under the placebo effect. Go to scientific sources, not hobbyist.

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anglers can catch protazoan diseases like ich and velvet, and can get internal parasites. I don't beleieve the uv systems run on home aquariums will manage disease, the only thing I find useful in these uv units is for algae management. You'll have to research what it takes for uv sterilization to address such issues, most hobbyist are just under the placebo effect. Go to scientific sources, not hobbyist.
alright, ill look in to it. I do have a 20g that i use for qt. should need be, how does one go on about qt a angler? same as other fish?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright, ill look in to it. I do have a 20g that i use for qt. should need be, how does one go on about qt a angler? same as other fish?

Just observation, they can not handle any meds that I know of, I have never seen success. Some have reported using prazi pro, but fail to report when they die soon afterwards.

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just observation, they can not handle any meds that I know of, I have never seen success. Some have reported using prazi pro, but fail to report when they die soon afterwards.
dang, very delicate. im going to post my scape later on, ill tag you. please let me know if i should change things around to better suit the fish.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still around, Caveman and Scurvy not so much. Crabby is still around some but the others I'm not sure of ;)

And I agree, bust that rock up and make some caves :)

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still around, Caveman and Scurvy not so much. Crabby is still around some but the others I'm not sure of ;)

And I agree, bust that rock up and make some caves :)
FUDSEY!!! HI!

dang, i missed out :/

How you been!?

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0463.JPG

excuse the really dirty water, just mixing up the inside. haha

@lion king So im trying to keep open space a thing. I incorporated a cave on the left side but im not sure if it is big enough. Is there something else i should try adding in order to create optimal environment for the frogfish?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_0463.JPG

excuse the really dirty water, just mixing up the inside. haha

@lion king So im trying to keep open space a thing. I incorporated a cave on the left side but im not sure if it is big enough. Is there something else i should try adding in order to create optimal environment for the frogfish?

Have you noticed one specific spot where all the detritus will gather?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back