OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will attach to whatever it is up against (usually). I would put it on whatever you want in the tank. A rock probably.
that's my dilemma. I know they will attach to rocks quite quick. but the location of where i have it now is where i want in. Ive got small rock i can rubber band it to but what happens when it outgrows that rock. Will is stay stable and attach to the glass below?

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should stay put on the rock. It may attach to the glass, but would be easy enough to remove in future.
Controller, up to you. For my little tanks, I do not use one. However, I did just get a controller for heater and chiller for my 40g/20g if I ever decide to add it.

I am not versed on all the varieties of controllers available now a days. I have an Apex from 15 years ago (I have had to replace parts), but never go all in for a new controller.

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should stay put on the rock. It may attach to the glass, but would be easy enough to remove in future.
Controller, up to you. For my little tanks, I do not use one. However, I did just get a controller for heater and chiller for my 40g/20g if I ever decide to add it.

I am not versed on all the varieties of controllers available now a days. I have an Apex from 15 years ago (I have had to replace parts), but never go all in for a new controller.
ok, time to find a flat piece of rubble rock and rubber band it.

Ive been looking at Apex', ive always wanted one and i said i wasnt going to go too cheap on this tank.

For my light i went with AI Prime 16 HD which i think is plenty good for only softies. The only reason i want to go controller is to make it all with the touch of a finger. But then again, its only a 10g. I dont know. im still thinking about it

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
weigh in difference ,first. GHL TO APEX ...buy once..
i do not use either .just from ear and eyes opinion GHL..:cool:

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
weigh in difference ,first. GHL TO APEX ...buy once..
i do not use either .just from ear and eyes opinion GHL..:cool:
Ive been reading a lot of people doing ghl. Then one of the dudes on here, forget his username. Switching from apex to ghl. Making me want to dig in on GHL. if i go for it.

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a 50% water change. Tank didn't even change. Corals remained open during water change, probably because 50% is right before it hits the top of the coral. I turkey baster'd the rocks, didn't get much off of them. Was surprised with how small amount of nasty there was. I did notice a brown algae film at the bottom that was a tad hard to scrape off. Felt rough to the touch, soft side of sponge didn't do much, had to use rough side and some elbow grease.

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe Diatoms?

Actually now that i look at it, seems there is cyano, diatom and green hair algae. Im going to take a guess that the crazy high nitrates were causing the algae to grow. And it also means i need to test silicate.

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back