Send Email when switch or float is triggered

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Trivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, due to user induced error, my skimmer cause a lot of RO/DI to be put into my tank. Everything worked as intended, but I want to be able to send myself an email every time my float switch is triggered. I only see Email being sent on an Alarm. The Level - Auto Top off function doesn't allow alarm to be set.
Is this possible?

More details if people want to read (almost all Profilux controlled):
I have a a 40 gallon RO/DI with a barrel tender - auto creating RO/DI on demand
I have a small 2 gallon RO/DI container being fed by 40 Gallon tank, a Tunze ATO goes from the 2 gallon to Tank
Skimmer waste goes to drain.
When the skimmer was changed it overflowed, w/o me realizing it (I hardly every change setting) and caused a cycle of tank water being exited and RO/DI in.
Pre-covid I use to travel a lot so I never have to worry about filling the ATO. I've had this set up for over 5 years and works great for me, so not looking to change it, just improve it.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he Level - Auto Top off function doesn't allow alarm to be set.
Yes it does. Use Maximum on-time. In this case - you get an alarm after the level switch have been activated for 10 sec. Check reset error automatically - your alarm will go off when it filled up. You can use 1 sec or whatever you want befor alarm goes on. If you set 0:00:00 - no alarm is triggered. You can also use leak detection in anothe function but with the same sensor index as for your top off

1608162492028.png

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Trivan

Trivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it does. Use Maximum on-time. In this case - you get an alarm after the level switch have been activated for 10 sec.
Update: re-read this post and now thinking this may work. Will give it a try.

Lasse, thanks. The problem is it’s not the duration of being on but the frequency. The switch was triggers multiple times over the course of a day. It never stayed on. the only way I could think of to catch this problem in the future is to send a email. Evaporation will be fairly consistant so I’ll only get so many emails per hour. If I notice more, then I know I have a problem. open to other ideas thou.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trivan

Trivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I made some changes and the alarm is consistently triggered to be on, even when the container is full. The control to turn the pump on/off is working as intended.
Profilux-Level 3.jpg

OP
OP
Trivan

Trivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just changed the Operation mode to Auto Top Off and the alarm reset. New problem seems to be the maximum on-time turns off the pump based upon the time set. Will continue to test....

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do 2 different control operations with the same sensor. One for your ATO and one for trigger your e-mail. The first connected to the pump and with - let us say 10 minutes max time (or not active). The other - not connecting to anything - just to trigger one alarm after 2 sec

Control circuit 1 - connected to the switch channel for the ATO pump

1608222635829.png

And circuit 2

1608222856890.png

Using the same censor but does nothing - just virtual but after 2 sec it triggers an alarm that NOT stop the ATO pump.

It works - its tested

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Trivan

Trivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do 2 different control operations with the same sensor. One for your ATO and one for trigger your e-mail. The first connected to the pump and with - let us say 10 minutes max time (or not active). The other - not connecting to anything - just to trigger one alarm after 2 sec

Control circuit 1 - connected to the switch channel for the ATO pump

1608222635829.png

And circuit 2

1608222856890.png

Using the same censor but does nothing - just virtual but after 2 sec it triggers an alarm that NOT stop the ATO pump.

It works - its tested

Sincerely Lasse
Lasse,
Thank you! This make sense. I'll try it now.

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side not to question, but a notification from the app would be FAR better and more real time than an antiquated email.

Every App on the market now sends notifications......

OP
OP
Trivan

Trivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side not to question, but a notification from the app would be FAR better and more real time than an antiquated email.

Every App on the market now sends notifications......
or a log file would be great

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That you can easily do with the latest firmware. Here you can see how I log my ATO- I get time, how long it works and amount of RO water added

1608556430559.png

Here is the switch channel that manage my ATO pump

1608557411526.png

Now - create a virtual dosing pump. I have the latest FW that allow me to have 32 dosing pumps. I chose pump 31 for my ATO and there is no physical GHL pump attached - My ATO is done of another pump but managed by switch channel 5. Some remarks.

Record dosage = on
My ATO container is 25 L (25000 ml).
My ATO pump gives 82,6 ml/minute. (blue marking). If your ATO pump gives more than 1000 ml/minute (60 L/H) make a multiple of it. Let us say that it gives 300 L/hour (= 5000 ml/minute) - put in 500 ml/minute in your flowrate and remember to multiply your real reading with 10.
My switch channel for ATO pump is 5 and I put that as an index for what the pump should react on. (red marking)

1608557644643.png

1608557769638.png

This way of doing things give you a lot of advantages. You can see when your ATO container get low and also trig an alarm for this. You can record your fillings in time, length and volume.

You have your log here!

Sincerely Lasse

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That you can easily do with the latest firmware. Here you can see how I log my ATO- I get time, how long it works and amount of RO water added

1608556430559.png

Here is the switch channel that manage my ATO pump

1608557411526.png

Now - create a virtual dosing pump. I have the latest FW that allow me to have 32 dosing pumps. I chose pump 31 for my ATO and there is no physical GHL pump attached - My ATO is done of another pump but managed by switch channel 5. Some remarks.

Record dosage = on
My ATO container is 25 L (25000 ml).
My ATO pump gives 82,6 ml/minute. (blue marking). If your ATO pump gives more than 1000 ml/minute (60 L/H) make a multiple of it. Let us say that it gives 300 L/hour (= 5000 ml/minute) - put in 500 ml/minute in your flowrate and remember to multiply your real reading with 10.
My switch channel for ATO pump is 5 and I put that as an index for what the pump should react on. (red marking)

1608557644643.png

1608557769638.png

This way of doing things give you a lot of advantages. You can see when your ATO container get low and also trig an alarm for this. You can record your fillings in time, length and volume.

You have your log here!

Sincerely Lasse
I do something similar with my AWC

As you can't have a 2000L "vessel" I have setup a virtual dosing pump, but instead of dosing 1L is doses 10ml (and the vessel is set to 2L). The real AWC pump and the virtual pump run the same schedule, so as a percentage the virtual pump tells me how much NSW I have left on hand.

AWC Maxi for NSW refill
1608586398836.png

Virtual pump to monitor the amount of NSW I have left
1608586449805.png

And then as a percentage I can see whats left
1608586495672.png

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A log would be good for historical tracking, but if something goes wrong and alarms I would prefer to know real time (ie. send a notification to my phone, not an email I will see when I check my emails).

I know some countries can "email to a SMS" however that isn't a (free) service offered in Australia.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A log would be good for historical tracking, but if something goes wrong and alarms I would prefer to know real time (ie. send a notification to my phone, not an email I will see when I check my emails).

I know some countries can "email to a SMS" however that isn't a (free) service offered in Australia.
I have alarms set up to send notifications for both email and text (in the USA using T-Mobile) and using an iPhone that has push email. If there is an alarm, I get a text and email alert within seconds of each other.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back