Seneye Reef Hydra 26HD

Karl91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running my 2x hydra 26hd 12" from water level at 65 UV 65 Violet 85 Royalblue 65 Blue 20 White on my Reefer 350
I have LPS only.

I have done some PAR reading with the Seneye and it is over 340 in most places which shocked me, I didn't think it would be that high, too high for LPS?

I've read from BRS that LPS like 100-150 PAR
to be getting 150 par I'm having to run my blue channels at around 40% white 15%

Is this PAR meter accurate?

The reason I'm writing this is because I've seen 40+ AI light schedules and not once seen any of them as low as this. Out of all the schedules I've seen the blues are usually at 80+ %

Thoughts on the low settings?

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening @Karl91

My first question would be what tank/tank depth and what type of top are on the tank. The 340 reading in most places, was that from top to bottom or just along the bottom? Sounds like the meter should be ok.

My thoughts are a few things. Are you having trouble with the coral. Over 300 is kinda high, but if they have been doing good they may have acclimated. If they are doing bad the light may be the problem. You may see others at 80+ and your at 65 but light settings factor in things like tank depth, tops being different, or just the corals.

Just a few thoughts, And of course #WelcometoR2R

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t change anything if corals are fine, I actually think I read that seneye par reads high, check brs comments

Duncan Tse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How high are you hanging your lights off of the waterline? The lower it is the bigger the hotspot will be in the middle of the fixture. I have my hydra32 hung 14" off of the water and it completely eliminate the hotspot that you may be getting

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back