OP
OP
Rando

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, thanks .. I have the new V6. if the new firmware for the V2 is available later, I will have two

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always thought that a new firmware update is automatically downloaded and flashed, but that obviously doesn't seem the case....
Curious. I do wonder what would force a firmware update, if anything other than from tech support?

I had thought it was automatic as well, but through the connect app. I have tried two different versions of the app and apparently my firmware (version 2.0.16) is unchanged. I'm currently using version 4.0.3.0 of the app. What's the latest?
I got the same readings on both versions that I have. I have two computers I used, each with a different version.

My lighting is two Reef Brite XHO actinic, one Reef Brite 50/50 T5 and one ATI actinic T5. Fixture is 24" and 8" off the surface. Readings below were bottom 15" below water, center, front of display.

Would 148 PAR be far off for this setup? I wouldn't think close to double as seen in the other post.

The firmware on the Seneye is version 2.0.16.

1610317367581.png

1610317035039.png

Screenshot (36).png

Screenshot (39).png

MarshallB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a seneye 3 days ago unaware of the par reading problems. It's a v6.

Using mars aqua black boxes hung 12 inches off the surface. I'm getting 400-450 par 8 inches below the water line and 120-150 on the sand bottom @ 18inches. I don't have another tool to compare it with, but running the blues at 70% and whites on as low as they go these numbers SEEM good. It doesn't seem like its showing double the par values. I would assume my corals would be showing signs of poor lighting otherwise.

Oldcoder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious. I do wonder what would force a firmware update, if anything other than from tech support?

I had thought it was automatic as well, but through the connect app. I have tried two different versions of the app and apparently my firmware (version 2.0.16) is unchanged. I'm currently using version 4.0.3.0 of the app. What's the latest?
mine will not update either looks like it tries though

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine will not update either looks like it tries though
Glad mine never updated, as it doesn't have the PAR reading issue. Though it's apparently fixed with the latest firmware.

Thier support is good, but this issue has been out there for a while. Wonder if the reports were getting back to them and why they didn't fix sooner.

Would think they need to somehow push the latest firmware to all devices that need it or send out some kind of notification to owners to update.

Shadows Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both the old Seneye and the apogee MQ-510(the Bluetooth one) for me the values are relatively the same but the Syneye seems to only read well when the light is directly above. Where the apogee is within ranges at just about any angle

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both the old Seneye and the apogee MQ-510(the Bluetooth one) for me the values are relatively the same but the Syneye seems to only read well when the light is directly above. Where the apogee is within ranges at just about any angle
The Seneye is very directional.

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The latest for the non-V6 versions which seems to fix the par issue is 4.0.8.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you update firmware? Mine is 4.0.4 and my SUD is a Ver 4

Oldcoder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you update firmware? Mine is 4.0.4 and my SUD is a Ver 4
It automatically updates when you connect to the USB port. Currently 4.0.4 is the one you get. We need 4.0.8 at least that is what it seems based on people on this forum. I tried to contact them but gone for the weekend.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It automatically updates when you connect to the USB port. Currently 4.0.4 is the one you get. We need 4.0.8 at least that is what it seems based on people on this forum. I tried to contact them but gone for the weekend.
It should, but mine is still on 2.0.16.

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should, but mine is still on 2.0.16.
I think the 2 stands for a V2 and you won't get any updates anymore, you don't have the par issue right?

The V4 is the one with the issue and needs 4.0.8 to fix it.

I always thought everyone had a V2 but now it seems there is a V2, a V4 and the just released V6. You can recognise them by the first number of the firmware they're running.

Last edited:

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, never had the issue.

Your Sud is marked V2, but the firmware was 4.0.6 (now 4.0.8)?
I thought i had a V2 (i thought we all had, except for the very old ones without a par sensor), but it's a V4.

It's very simple now:

V2's, running on firmware 2.x.x, don't have the issue.
V4's, running on firmware 4.x.x, have the issue, update to 4.0.8 will solve it.
V6's running on 6.x.x, don't have the issue.

Last edited:
Back