September Meeting

Spongie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Again All,
I was just checking to see what weekend in September would work best for everyone to have the meeting at me casa. I was kinda hoping for Saturday the 26th, but if noone can make it that day I guess I will reschedule. Just let me know what works best for you all. The keg-a-rator is hoping make lottsa new friends ;)

Last edited:

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meetings are supposed to be held on the third Saturday of the month. The one at my house was not, because of my schedule, and the one after the Chatt. swap last month was not, because the swap was on the third Saturday. It will be a BOD call. Or we may vote like we did for the one at my house. Either way the BOD members will get back to you soon. Although Randy's schedule is hectic to say the least.

Either the 19th or 26th works for me as far as I know now.

digidana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm flexible i think...but need to be able to plan a little in advance. we haven't scheduled mountain jam yet, so i can plan that around, and September is awesome for camping, so i wanna fit that in too. what end of town are you?

ct_vol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seth~ As Eddie stated, we usually have our meetings on the 3rd Saturday of the month... I have no problem switching it to the 4th Saturday especially since the 19th is Florida week... The 26th we play Ohio, which had better be an easy one... ;) I need to check my work schedule to see if I can attend the 4th Saturday, but its fine by me if its more convenient for you and others can attend... :)

OP
OP
Spongie

Spongie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
19th,26th matters not to me. I have plenty of room, TV's(including 1080p), and seating. We could do a Reef Club/Football get together. The game doesn't start until 3:30 though so we would have to start the meeting a little later, say 2:00 that we don't miss kick off. So if everyone was cool with it we can have it on the 16th. Like I said before though I am flexible just give me as much heads up as possible so I can set everything up with wife/job.

digidana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i vote for the 19th. i think it'd be a blast to have a reef meeting then the game, especially since its florida. the 26th is at home and i don't think the time has been announced yet, so that might be tough to plan around.

macclellan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kegerator...nice!

I can make a meeting on either date, but if it is on the 19th, I probably won't be able to stay for the game (me and some buddies have a tradition going for the FL games). My vote would be for the 26th if there is an option, and I'd gladly stay for the game, even pitch in $ if that ends up being the year's PPV game.

Is there a topic?

If it's the 26th, it would be rad if I could snag a volunteer or two for an hour or so before the meeting to move some tanks (literally across the street). We just signed the lease and get the keys on the 25th for the new digs.

GPhiAce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
J Mac, I should be able to help-- I will let you know. What ever happened to the executive decision to let UT football's schedule determine the meeting dates in the fall???? Come on BOD, make the right call. :)

ct_vol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt that I will attend if it is the day of the FL game...

OP
OP
Spongie

Spongie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just let me know when you all come to a decision. I would prefer to know pretty soon so that I can make plans though. Once again either weekend will work for me.

OP
OP
Spongie

Spongie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Verdict

Okay so I have decided that due to the Fl.- UT game being on Saturday the 19th and the 26th being the Ohio game.

The only logical thing to due is have the meeting on Sunday the 20th from 2:00 pm until 6:00 pm (later if necessary).

I will cook out on the grill and will provide the meat probably chicken and some form of red meat (steak, burgers, or the like) and at least 2 side items. Please feel free to bring amy side item you wish to bring as well as anything that you might want to cook on the grill other than what I am cooking. As I have previously stated beer will be provided for all those of the age to consume, with the stipulation that if you get too sloshed I WILL NOT let you drive home. I repeat, I can, and will forcibly detain you...trust me I did it for 6 years as a bartender. :sure:

That being said I truly do hope that everyone can make it as I would love to get some ideas and hear feedback from everyone. Thanks.:bigsmile:

The Address for Mapquesting or Google mapping directions is:
7912 Ashley Rd
Powell, TN

macclellan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was wrong with the 26th, the Ohio game?
I don't drink on the Sabbath.

I/We'll bring tomato bruschetta.

Last edited:

ct_vol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be in Nashville on that day... :) You guys have fun!!! Someone take pics... :D

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Sabbath is Saturday, actually. ;)

Sorry, I can't make it that day. But enjoy, ya'll. :)

macclellan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Sabbath is Saturday, actually. ;)
Actually, it's not so simple. ;) Depending on who you ask, the Sabbath is Fri-Sat., Sat., or Sunday, and that's just Abrahamic religions. Anyways, my day of rest is Sunday. Beer drinkin is for Saturdays, but I might have to make an exception here.

mkenochm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should be able to make it that afternoon, but I will let you know for sure in a couple of days.

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sabbath:

6pm on Friday to 6pm on Saturday.

I should be able to make it. No drinking beer for me on Saturday or Sunday:bigsmile:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 74 78.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.3%
Back