RS ReefMat 500 Gears Locked -Back to Socks (TEMP)

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I purchased this Reefmat 500 in September 2023 from BRS and it has jammed 3 times as of today I only had to replace the roll twice. The wheel stopped turning forcing me to go back to socks temporarily (I hope). The gears seem to lock up and stop turning. I reach out to Red Sea for some assistance. They asked me to make a video of the issue. Has anyone else had this experience and what is the warranty replacement like so far? I spoke to one of the local Red Sea dealers here locally and they told me they just replaced their motor last weekend as well because the mat kept jamming.

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep same happened to me. They replaced it I hope this isn’t going to be a common problem going forward.
Well, thats good to hear. How long did it take them to send you a replacement and has yours jammed since the replacement was installed?

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sent it out fast however FedEx lost the first one. Also shipping to Alaska always takes forever I swear. I know when I place a brs order everything takes an extra day as well. One day shipping is always two. So I’m not a fair comparison if you live in the lower 48. There parts come from Texas.

So far I’ve been jam free since October. I originally had mine for almost a year when it first broke.

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had mine since they released & it just went out a month ago. I bought a motor from china & it just came in

Redsea sent me a replacement motor & that came in a week. Problem solved

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sent it out fast however FedEx lost the first one. Also shipping to Alaska always takes forever I swear. I know when I place a brs order everything takes an extra day as well. One day shipping is always two. So I’m not a fair comparison if you live in the lower 48. There parts come from Texas.

So far I’ve been jam free since October. I originally had mine for almost a year when it first broke.
Nice man...I reached out to them (Red Sea) last night, they got back to me this morning asking if I feel comfortable replacing a part within the motor. Hoping it gets here soon since I am in West Texas and they are some where in Texas as well.

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had mine since they released & it just went out a month ago. I bought a motor from china & it just came in

Redsea sent me a replacement motor & that came in a week. Problem solved
Do you have the part number that you purchased or was it another motor, did you use Ali Express?

vic5hands

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• Red Sea.jpg
    Red Sea.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, thx for the reply, what's the part number on that?....the image was too small . I am on my work computer:D:face-with-hand-over-mouth:

David_CO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My motor gave out after like 14 months, red sea quickly sent me a replacement. its a really easy swap. They are cheap so i'll probably keep one on hand.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 132 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back