Server not available

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several times since the new server went live and actually 2-3 times in the last week--2 weeks I try to log into reef2reef and all I'm getting is server not available and bunch of weird text popping up on the screen it happens yesterday and the website was unavailable to me for most of the day.

Just wondering if everyone had this problem or if it was just me I tried on 3 different phones two tablets and two different computers and still got nothing. Every other site I went on worked fine so not sure if that's a big getting worked out or to many people online or what's going on.

Anyone else have this problem or see this pop up.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi there,

Well it just so happened that yesterday early we had a hard drive start to go bad and it crashed the server a couple times and then eventually we had to take it off line last night and replace site data onto a new drive. We just went back online a couple hours ago.

There may be a few hiccups here and there but the site should stay up now!

Ps. This didn't have anything to do with the new software. The new software uses less resources and runs more efficiently.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/r2r-was-down.202549/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks I was looking around on Facebook seeing if I could find info but there was nothing available

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok thanks I was looking around on Facebook seeing if I could find info but there was nothing available

Hey there I posted an update when we went offline yesterday and a couple this morning. :)

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 72.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 47 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back