Setting alarm for COR20 Temp and RPM?

Discussion in 'Neptune Systems' started by MSB123, Jan 11, 2019.

1. MSB123

MSB123 Someone out there put something smart here. R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Santa Barbara Reef Co-Op R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor

Can I set an alarm for my COR20 based off its temp and RPM? How?

2. MSB123

MSB123 Someone out there put something smart here. R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Santa Barbara Reef Co-Op R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor

BUMP

3. Sleepydoc

Sleepydoc Well-Known Member

I don’t think so. I can’t find it now but I seem to recall seeing a post saying that the temp and RPM readings on the apesx dashboard are informational and not for use in programming.

What are you trying to do? The temp is in % (of the Max temp before the pump will shut down) and not degrees, so it’s not that useful, and RPM doesn’t necessarily correlate with flow so they’re not terribly useful. The pump will shut itself off and generate an error if it overheats and a flow sensor is a better option if you’re worried about flow,

4. MSB123

I want an alarm to be triggered if the pump temp gets over 95% so I can get home if I need to.

5. Sleepydoc

Sleepydoc Well-Known Member

You can ask over at the Neptune forum to get a definitive answer, but I don't think there's a way to do that. Is your pump internal or external? if it's internally plumbed, the odds of it overheating are extremely low. You can of course set alarms for tank temperature and power consumption for the pump. FWIW, unlike the EcoTech vectra, I haven't heard of any cases of the Neptune pumps overheating.

clp likes this.
  6. vhuang168

vhuang168 Active Member Platinum Sponsor

Draft saved Draft deleted