Setting alarm for COR20 Temp and RPM?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I set an alarm for my COR20 based off its temp and RPM? How?

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I set an alarm for my COR20 based off its temp and RPM? How?
I don’t think so. I can’t find it now but I seem to recall seeing a post saying that the temp and RPM readings on the apesx dashboard are informational and not for use in programming.

What are you trying to do? The temp is in % (of the Max temp before the pump will shut down) and not degrees, so it’s not that useful, and RPM doesn’t necessarily correlate with flow so they’re not terribly useful. The pump will shut itself off and generate an error if it overheats and a flow sensor is a better option if you’re worried about flow,

OP
OP
MSB123

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think so. I can’t find it now but I seem to recall seeing a post saying that the temp and RPM readings on the apesx dashboard are informational and not for use in programming.

What are you trying to do? The temp is in % (of the Max temp before the pump will shut down) and not degrees, so it’s not that useful, and RPM doesn’t necessarily correlate with flow so they’re not terribly useful. The pump will shut itself off and generate an error if it overheats and a flow sensor is a better option if you’re worried about flow,
I want an alarm to be triggered if the pump temp gets over 95% so I can get home if I need to.

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can ask over at the Neptune forum to get a definitive answer, but I don't think there's a way to do that. Is your pump internal or external? if it's internally plumbed, the odds of it overheating are extremely low. You can of course set alarms for tank temperature and power consumption for the pump. FWIW, unlike the EcoTech vectra, I haven't heard of any cases of the Neptune pumps overheating.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back