OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people use aqualifters,some use dosing/peristaltic pumps or just any small pump/powerhead. I use a small Rio 600(10 watts I think) on one system and a small minijet on another. It just needs to be big enough to constantly feed the reactor.

Can you post a pic of your setup?

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cluttered pic but you can see my check valve :D

20170428_151617_zps0rofusq4.jpg

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a quick video I made. Excuse the sloppy sump, I've been neglecting it lately :(

The quiet one pump in the beginning of the video is my feed pump (317gph)

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I have a few question about a calcium reactor I'm trying to set up. How much media do I need? Do I fill it up close to the top? If so, I cant seem to turn the lid so I can lock it into place. Probably a stupid but should there be water in the bubble counter because mine isn't filling. Also, about how pressure of CO2 should the meter read? Sorry, but I'm s complete noob with this one.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on which reactor you have Add media up to the bottom of the sticker on the reactor. Also you can add rodi water to the bubble counter, it will evaporate after a few weeks but you can simply add it again. There is also a gel you can use in place of the water.

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on which reactor you have Add media up to the bottom of the sticker on the reactor. Also you can add rodi water to the bubble counter, it will evaporate after a few weeks but you can simply add it again. There is also a gel you can use in place of the water.

Is there a trick getting the top to twist so you can turn the locking knobs? With the media in it, I cannot get it turn. Also, what should the pressure gauge on the CO2 tank read?

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a trick getting the top to twist so you can turn the locking knobs? With the media in it, I cannot get it turn. Also, what should the pressure gauge on the CO2 tank read?

Did you buy a used one? Sometimes if ppl store them for a while with the lod locked on the rubber ring will seize the lid. The only thing I can suggest is to remove all the locking screws and gently try to pry the lid off. Just be careful I've seen people snap the lids because they are on so tight.

The gauge on the right should be on the 30

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you buy a used one? Sometimes if ppl store them for a while with the lod locked on the rubber ring will seize the lid. The only thing I can suggest is to remove all the locking screws and gently try to pry the lid off. Just be careful I've seen people snap the lids because they are on so tight.

The gauge on the right should be on the 30

No its brand new. Maybe I wasn't being clear. So I filled the reactor with media...reborn and remag. I put the cover back on, but now it won't turn so I can "lock" it down.

So in the pic (not actual reactor), I am trying to turn it toward the "skinnier" holes.

tek-media-reactor-3.jpg

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple of questions. I got it up and running a few days. Steady slow drip, 3-4 bubbles per second. My issue now is, my ALK went from 9.2 to 8.2 and my calcium is around 520. Its usually 450. How do I get it lowered? Less bubbles and drip?

VegasUSP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a quick video I made. Excuse the sloppy sump, I've been neglecting it lately :(

The quiet one pump in the beginning of the video is my feed pump (317gph)

How do you like the Geo RX? I'm looking at getting one for my 120g. Also what is that second smaller chamber that was in the sump, is that just for extra media....sorry for the questions I'm a noob when it comes to CaRx. Thanks!

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Geo's Reef CaRX. It's built like a tank haha

The other reactor inside the sump is a Geo's Reef bio pellet reactor that is currently empty but still online since it also feeds my external skimmer.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back