SETTING UP CAMERA FOR APEX FUSION

JCSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to set up a camera to use live view mode on apex fusion. Everything I have found on threads or videos has been somewhat confusing and not very clear.can someone assist;

What cameras will work?
Will an old iPhone work for now?
What is the URL when it asks for a URL when adding a camera or stills?

Any better clarification or direction would be helpfull

OP
OP
JCSReefing

JCSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched and have it working but when it says enter url into apex, when I google " what is my IP address it comes back as an IPv6 address which when entering it into apex fusion it says it's not the correct format. Has anyone had this issue?

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The phone to be used has to be on WiFi and on the same router your apex is connected to.
Or you mean your local ISP uses IP V6?

I watched and have it working but when it says enter url into apex, when I google " what is my IP address it comes back as an IPv6 address which when entering it into apex fusion it says it's not the correct format. Has anyone had this issue?

OP
OP
JCSReefing

JCSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The phone to be used has to be on WiFi and on the same router your apex is connected to.
Or you mean your local ISP uses IP V6?
My phone that I am using to stream the video is on the same router. I guess my ISp uses ipv6 because what come up when I google "what is my IP address" it is a bunch of numbers and letters and not just the normal 168.192.__ type deal.

OP
OP
JCSReefing

JCSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it's in the us. When I'll leave off a few numbers but when I google "what is my IP address" it comes back with
2601:2c3:8300:d6d1:ad:5aa7:c214:____

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That
Yes it's in the us. When I'll leave off a few numbers but when I google "what is my IP address" it comes back with
2601:2c3:8300:d6d1:ad:5aa7:c214:____
That's your MAC address, not your ip address.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the correct ipv6 format. I have T-Mobile and when I am not on my Wifi network, I will see ipv6 returned by whatismyip.com; The thing is I felt like there was a misunderstanding which I asked but he confirmed his ISP, TWC COX, Fios..., uses ipv6 at least in his case.

That

That's your MAC address, not your ip address.

OP
OP
JCSReefing

JCSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the correct ipv6 format. I have T-Mobile and when I am not on my Wifi network, I will see ipv6 returned by whatismyip.com; The thing is I felt like there was a misunderstanding which I asked but he confirmed his ISP, TWC COX, Fios..., uses ipv6 at least in his case.

I have xfinity by Comcast here in houston. So should I be entering what shows up when I google what is my IP address, copy what comes up and that's the url to put into apex fusion and add my port # to the end with /live ?? When I try doing this it says it is not the correct format. I can get the camera to work when I am in my home by entering the IP address that the camera/phone created and with my my custom port number but as soon as I go off of wifi it doesn't show??

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's clear the ipv6 thing out first? Does your laptop have the same public IP as your cell phone?

I have xfinity by Comcast here in houston. So should I be entering what shows up when I google what is my IP address, copy what comes up and that's the url to put into apex fusion and add my port # to the end with /live ?? When I try doing this it says it is not the correct format. I can get the camera to work when I am in my home by entering the IP address that the camera/phone created and with my my custom port number but as soon as I go off of wifi it doesn't show??

OP
OP
JCSReefing

JCSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's clear the ipv6 thing out first? Does your laptop have the same public IP as your cell phone?

Yes, the format is ; 2601:2c3:8300:d6d1:ad:5aa7:c214:____

Which when I try to put that under the url in apex fusion it says incorrect format. ?

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the format is ; 2601:2c3:8300:d6d1:ad:5aa7:c214:____

Which when I try to put that under the url in apex fusion it says incorrect format. ?

I am not sure if fusion supports ipv6.
Let me do some googling later. I have not had a chance to use ipv6 on these yet

OP
OP
JCSReefing

JCSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure if fusion supports ipv6.
Let me do some googling later. I have not had a chance to use ipv6 on these yet

Appreciate it. I just don't know why when I'm on my home internet and use the IP address from the camera and add a Colin and port number I assigned it and then ad /live on the end it works fine but as soon as I leave my wifi it does not show up and I entered the cameras ip and custom port number into port forwarding. Not sure if there's something I missed or the cameras IP address IS NOT what needs to be entered into apex fusion.

OP
OP
JCSReefing

JCSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This ip is an ipv4 correct?

Correct, the camera/old iPhone using the app to make it an ip cam uses 192.168._._. When I put that and add :(port)/live into fusion on while I am on my network in the house I can see the camera fine. Soon as I shut off wifi on my phone or leave it doesn't work. The port forwarding is set up to this cameras IP address using a netgear router.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 104 80.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back