SETTING UP CAMERA FOR APEX FUSION

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That means the camera is working correctly. I have 2 things to try
1. Can you remotely access the router? Netgear router has this option to allow admin login remotely. This is just to make sure the router does not block incoming request. If you have the iphone or android Apex app setup already then there is no need to test this
2. I think your port forwarding is not correct.
a. for the settings on the router, what are the internal and external ports?
b. for the camera, did you play with the port settings? what are the internal and external ports on the camera?

Correct, the camera/old iPhone using the app to make it an ip cam uses 192.168._._. When I put that and add :(port)/live into fusion on while I am on my network in the house I can see the camera fine. Soon as I shut off wifi on my phone or leave it doesn't work. The port forwarding is set up to this cameras IP address using a netgear router.

OP
OP
JCSReefing

JCSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That means the camera is working correctly. I have 2 things to try
1. Can you remotely access the router? Netgear router has this option to allow admin login remotely. This is just to make sure the router does not block incoming request. If you have the iphone or android Apex app setup already then there is no need to test this
2. I think your port forwarding is not correct.
a. for the settings on the router, what are the internal and external ports?
b. for the camera, did you play with the port settings? what are the internal and external ports on the camera?

I can log into the router but only when I am connected to the wifi in my house. I do have the apex app and works fine.
The internal port and external port is the one I assigned to the camera. Put them both the same.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The devil is details. If you don't feel comfortable publishing the ports settings then PM me. I am willing to help. I got the same issue back then and it took me a while to realize it was a silly mistake.

I can log into the router but only when I am connected to the wifi in my house. I do have the apex app and works fine.
The internal port and external port is the one I assigned to the camera. Put them both the same.

OP
OP
JCSReefing

JCSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The devil is details. If you don't feel comfortable publishing the ports settings then PM me. I am willing to help. I got the same issue back then and it took me a while to realize it was a silly mistake.
I googled port forwarding on netgear C6300 router and seems like people have had issues with port forwarding. Once I get home I'll screen shot some things and possibly see if anyone can troubleshoot or see what I may be missing.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The iphone app does not use port forwarding? I guess you use fusion then.
I googled port forwarding on netgear C6300 router and seems like people have had issues with port forwarding. Once I get home I'll screen shot some things and possibly see if anyone can troubleshoot or see what I may be missing.

OP
OP
JCSReefing

JCSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe I have solved it.
Connected my phone to the Internet and went to canyouseeme.org. Used the IP address it gave me there and added the port number for the iPhone camera and /live and seems to be working. No clue how long it will last but for now, I can view my tank from not being connected on the Internet and running 4glte

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do u have a pic of what it looks like on fusion? I'm due for a phone upgrade and it looks like my old iPhone six is going to be my new fish tank camera. Can u zoom in or out? Actually if u can can I see the pictures of ur set up so I have something to think about when I set mine up?
Thanks in advance
Justin

bpseal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any new replies on this. People having success running an old iPhone or iPad?

Shadows Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, the camera/old iPhone using the app to make it an ip cam uses 192.168._._. When I put that and add :(port)/live into fusion on while I am on my network in the house I can see the camera fine. Soon as I shut off wifi on my phone or leave it doesn't work. The port forwarding is set up to this cameras IP address using a netgear router.

Did you ever find a solution to your problem I’m having the same issue where I only get a live feed at home but on a network outside of my homes I get nothing.

SaltyAddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Nest Cam is now working supposedly. I can't verify this because I have Arlo cams. Check out the thread here:

KarlsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest it shouldn't be this hard to integrate a webcam into the Fusion app, should it!?
Id have thought it would be better to directly connect a wifi camera to the Apex locally then the Apex can connect that to Fusion so you don't need to stream to a secondary server then stream from that back to Fusion to then stream it to the app?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back