Sexy Shrimps missing

nooks

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2023
Messages
59
Reaction score
12
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi new to the forums, I recently added two sexy shrimp to my 10 gallon reef tank, I acclimated them for 20 minutes. When they were added in they swam to the bottom and hid in my rock work. Its been three days and I haven't seen one, what are the chances they died in my rock work and how badly would this pollute the tank since im not going remove my rocks ? My tank is 1 year old, it as 2 ocellaris clowns and 1 Court Jester goby. As for other inverts a Turbo, Nassarius, Cerith and a Nerite. I have never had anything die in my tank yet so this a first for me and not to sure If I should just continue weekly water change + just daily check ammonia just in case, just checked my ammonia and its at 0.
 
They can become meals for nearly any fish if they are small enough. Did you have an anemone to host them?
 
They can become meals for nearly any fish if they are small enough. Did you have an anemone to host them?
I have no anemones just some soft corals currently. I read that Clowns can attack them when I did add them my clowns saw them but didn't do anything unless at night they did something.
 
I added some in my nano. They all got eaten Im pretty sure. They started disappearing. Never saw a nitrite/ammonia spike. Pretty sure my hermits ate them before they could do anything
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new