Sexy Shrimps missing

nooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi new to the forums, I recently added two sexy shrimp to my 10 gallon reef tank, I acclimated them for 20 minutes. When they were added in they swam to the bottom and hid in my rock work. Its been three days and I haven't seen one, what are the chances they died in my rock work and how badly would this pollute the tank since im not going remove my rocks ? My tank is 1 year old, it as 2 ocellaris clowns and 1 Court Jester goby. As for other inverts a Turbo, Nassarius, Cerith and a Nerite. I have never had anything die in my tank yet so this a first for me and not to sure If I should just continue weekly water change + just daily check ammonia just in case, just checked my ammonia and its at 0.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can become meals for nearly any fish if they are small enough. Did you have an anemone to host them?

OP
OP
N

nooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can become meals for nearly any fish if they are small enough. Did you have an anemone to host them?
I have no anemones just some soft corals currently. I read that Clowns can attack them when I did add them my clowns saw them but didn't do anything unless at night they did something.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added some in my nano. They all got eaten Im pretty sure. They started disappearing. Never saw a nitrite/ammonia spike. Pretty sure my hermits ate them before they could do anything

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back