Zoaddicted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Photography2.png

gears-png.2478
Information

• BAR will be hosting a introductory workshop on Aquarium Photography. The main goal of this event is to teach you what you need to know to take still shots of your aquarium.
  • This workshop will NOT cover fish photography since low light is often the limiting factor in aquarium.
  • This workshop is focused on hobbyists beginning to learn how to control color and take sharp photos using camera phones, point-n-shoot cameras, and DSLR cameras.
  • We will be taking pictures of corals in the frag tanks. Hands on learning!

Do Your Aquarium Pictures Look Like This?
auz412-jpg.4069

No that isn't what it looks like in person. Let's try and fix the color and sharpness issues.

Your Guru:

Is me, Michael aka EnderTurtle. I have been playing with photography on and off for the past 7 years. I am in no way an expert or professional photographer but I feel that I'm fully qualified to teach a free class on introductory photography focusing on the aquarium environment to my favorite reef club.

Here are some of my sample pictures.

Main topics

• Understanding White Balance, Aperture, Shutterspeed, and ISO and how they affect color, sharpness, and depth of field.
  • Maximizing Photo Quality from a Camera Phone.
  • Tips for taking Better Pictures with your Point-And-Shoot Camera or DSLR Camera.
    • Overview of Common Equipment used in Aquarium Photography by hobbyists/vendors.
    • At the end I'll ask if you guys are interested in learning how to post-process RAW files.
My main goal is to teach you what you need to know to go home and take decent aquarium pictures.
I encourage you to bring your own cameras too and try techniques out as we learn them.

Schedule of Events
  • 12:30PM Start Talking about Photography Basics and Camera Phones
  • We Go Take Pictures of Corals in the Frag Tanks
    • If you don't want to learn about more advanced photography topics, you can leave at this point.
  • Jump back into the second half to talk about Point-n-Shoot Cameras and DSLR Cameras
  • We Go Take Pictures of Corals in the Frag Tanks
    • You will get to try some of the equipment.

1429262588_location-48-png.2476
Event Details

• 42732 Albrae St, Fremont, CA 94538
  • Date: January 16, 2016 (Saturday)
  • Time: 12:30PM

ticket-png.2479
Free Raffles

• 1 DIY SLR Camera Porthole
  • Orange Gel Filters
  • California Reef Co. TBD Raffle

Let us know if you're coming so we can have the right amount of chairs.

Back