OP
sf_ramsden

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lastly for tonight, my new chalices I got in today from WWC. Only a few hours after putting them in my tank and they already are looking great!!

Orange Chalice (LED Only)

DSC0004-L.jpg

Orange Chalice (4 Bulb T5 w/ LED Supplement)

DSC0025-L.jpg

WWC Sub-Zero (4 Bulb T5 w/ LED Supplement)

DSC0035-L.jpg

WWC Red Weaver WM (4 Bulb T5 w/ LED Supplement)

DSC0074-L.jpg

Jason Fox 4-Color WM (4 Bulb T5 w/ LED Supplement)

DSC0031-L.jpg

OP
OP
sf_ramsden

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I will post a few updated pics of my older chalices...

A little progression shot of one of my Pink ******* frags

DSC0037-L.jpg

And a shot of my Tyree Pink WM

DSC0040-L.jpg

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the love gadgets!

Just a bunch of frags everywhere right now. Until I decide what I want to keep and what is just taking up room.... Once I get my chalices from WWC (in Memphis now) I will be slowing down on the collecting and will start the grow-out. I plan on posting progression shots of the tank throughout this process.

I'm extremely happy with where my collection is, still need a few more z's and p's and I am still looking for a chalice or two (BPC Flamethrower mainly).

Sweet! Pics look great bro! I have a Solana as well and was thinking about going with a Tex fixture. How do u like yours?

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wahhhh :cry: i want a macro lens...

OP
OP
sf_ramsden

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! Pics look great bro! I have a Solana as well and was thinking about going with a Tex fixture. How do u like yours?

Thanks Chris!! I love the Tek light. The 4 bulb is great, but I bet the 6 bulb would be even better (due to more T5 light combinations).

wahhhh :cry: i want a macro lens...

And I want a better one! If I can ever stop spending money on my tank (corals, equipment, etc) I plan on stepping up to the Nikon Macro lens.

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Chris!! I love the Tek light. The 4 bulb is great, but I bet the 6 bulb would be even better (due to more T5 light combinations).

And I want a better one! If I can ever stop spending money on my tank (corals, equipment, etc) I plan on stepping up to the Nikon Macro lens.

Cool. Are you still using the original bulb combo? What are you using for LEDs? I'm using a 250w radium and (10) power brite strips on my solana. :dribble: I'm really thinking about switching the MH to T5s though.

OP
OP
sf_ramsden

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sick looking pics!!! Your chalices look like they were painted with highlighters!

Thanks man! (Don't tell anyone my secret about the highlighters though... I don't color them with highlighters, I actually feed them highlighters)

Cool. Are you still using the original bulb combo? What are you using for LEDs? I'm using a 250w radium and (10) power brite strips on my solana. :dribble: I'm really thinking about switching the MH to T5s though.

The combo I am currently using is:

Front
Blue Plus
Blue Special*
Blue Special
Blue Plus
Back

* I use to have a Fiji Purple bulb here, but the pin was loose and kept causing my middle lights to go out. I plan on replacing with Purple Plus in the future...

The LEDs I only use for pictures and casual viewing once in a while. Nothing permanent yet as I don't know how to attach them to the Tek light. I just have 1 Current Powerbrite blue strip.

How do you have 10 LED strips up? Hanging somehow? I would like to get some Reefbrights and somehow attach them to my Tek light.

OP
OP
sf_ramsden

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL knew i was doing something wrong. Hey btw what chalice is that in your avatar?

Sadly enough that was from a previous tank of mine... I believe it was a Tyree Pink or Red WM. Maybe a Goldeneye WM? I never asked when I had gotten it years ago, it looked good so I got it. It was from A Reef Creation (ARC) here in Buffalo NY area.

I really need to update my avatar with something I currently own, lol.

OP
OP
sf_ramsden

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BPC Flamethrower will be in the tank by tonight... Going to pick it up in a few :bigsmile: After this I will be done collecting for a while (summer grow-out) and will save up some $$$ for fall/winter.

I will definitely keep everyone updated on progression shots and will get a FTS as soon as I get rid of some things I don't plan on hanging on to.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sf_ramsden

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here it is!

BPC Flamethrower

DSCN4066-L.jpg

Looking forward to some growth with this baby. Gonna feed it as often as possible, hopefully twice a week.

OP
OP
sf_ramsden

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few updates...

With my BDay coming up this Friday I asked for some reefing items (of course) which I hope to get most or all of:

* Apex Lite controller
* Hanna Checkers (Alk and Phosphate)
* Ecotech Battery backup for my Vortech
* Media Basket for 34g Solana (InTank)

I also found a great deal on a barely used Tunze 9002 skimmer (with InTank skimmer cup and airline mod) and another MP10es! :bigsmile:

I am still trying to decide which auto top-off I want to go with (why is this such a hard decision??). I also need to decide whether I want to get an automatic dosing unit or if I want to stick with manual dosing for now (Calcium/Alk/Mag)...

OP
OP
sf_ramsden

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a recent FTS taken last night under my power brite LED (now you can see why I didn't want to post a FTS :tongue:):

DSCN4095-L.jpg

Believe me when i say this is not what I planned on it looking like when I first set this tank up... I plan on it being more of a display tank very soon rather than what it looks like right now which is basically a frag tank (yuck). Very soon I will be trying to sell as much of the stuff I really don't like/want locally. I plan on taking out the frag rack on the right hand side and only keeping the egg crate one. Then I will be putting all my favorite z's/p's and SPS in the rock work (with backups/growouts on the one frag rack). Chalices and acans will stay on the sand bed. And I want to get one really nice "centerpiece" like a rainbow wellso or rainbow fungia for the center of the sand bed.

Some day it will look like a display... (sigh)

Last edited:
OP
OP
sf_ramsden

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sf ramsden you have a really nice collection would love to get my hands on some of those zoas

Thanks! I am not sure I will sell much on here, if at all... Shipping scares me so I find it easier/better to sell and trade locally. But ya never know.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back