sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, what a collection! Very nice.

Thanks!

Very nice! You should scrap the wellso idea and get a clam as a centerpiece?

Do you think a clam would fit in the tank and not overgrow the center area? A beautiful clam would go just perfectly too, but I always fear that they get too large... You really are a clam nut! :tongue:

the Flamethrower is just amazing

I love it... Definitely in my top 5 chalices!

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck yes a clam would fit, get a Crocea or a Maxima, they grow pretty slowly and if they do outgrow it you have an excellent excuse for an upgrade...

OP
OP
sf_ramsden

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck yes a clam would fit, get a Crocea or a Maxima, they grow pretty slowly and if they do outgrow it you have an excellent excuse for an upgrade...

Would it be ok under a 4 bulb T5 at the bottom of the tank would be the last question? Tank is 20" deep (not sure what par is down there) but I would want to make sure I am successful at keeping a clam...

Then all I need to do is try to talk the gf into it, as she really likes the nice rainbow wellso's

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah you should be fine with that as long as you have individual reflectors on each bulb, I have some of my Maxima's down on the bottom of my 24" deep tank and I only have 6 bulbs over them.

OP
OP
sf_ramsden

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tek light has individual reflectors so should be ok. I will look into it and see what the gf says. So now it is either a real nice fungia/plate, wellso or clam!

OP
OP
sf_ramsden

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got in my Tunze 9002 skimmer and my second MP10!!!

Time to figure out where the heck a good spot for this second MP10 will be and get the skimmer up and going! My Birthday isn't very far away either and I should have the rest of my equipment coming (Apex Lite, Solana Media Basket, Vortech Battery Backup, etc)

I am pumped!

OP
OP
sf_ramsden

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the Tunze 9002 on, and wow I cannot believe how much quieter it is. I had read that it was quiet, but I didn't imagine it would be silent. All I can hear now is the MP10.

Still need to add in my second MP10, trying to figure out the best placement for it...

OP
OP
sf_ramsden

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Careful you are going to start a fire with so many cables going! Just kidding.

Haha! Once I get my controller it will all be better... I ended up not putting in the MP10 until I get my controller (I am out of places to plug things in)

I need to get 2 more chalices wildfire and tangerine dreams!

Tangerine Dreams is on my wish list

OP
OP
sf_ramsden

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still nothing nice to look at, but a little update since last time... I made a bigger frag rack and was able to consolidate from two down to one. Looks a lot nicer now (until I can start moving frags into my rockwork). Pic was taken just using a Reef Brite LED and my point and shoot camera. Once I get some things in the rocks I will take some better FTS with the D90.

FTS

DSCN4122-L.jpg

Frag Rack of goodies

DSCN4127-L.jpg

OP
OP
sf_ramsden

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is that a sailfin tang?

Yea, temporary sailfin to eat bubble algae. Not doing much to the bubble algae yet, but I'm hoping this changes (and soon). He or she is actually beautiful Desjardini Tang. I will have a very hard time giving it up because I've already become attached.

OP
OP
sf_ramsden

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My family did a huge bang-up job with my BDay presents this year! Here is what I got for the tank:

*Apex Lite Controller (including pH probe)
*Media Basket and Foam Holder from InTank
*Vortech Battery Backup

Wow! Wow! Wow! I cannot wait to get back home to NY and start getting everything going!

OP
OP
sf_ramsden

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice b-Day gifts! Looking good!

Thanks Chris! I'm sure you notice some pieces front and center from WWC!

I'm heading home from MI now and will be setting all my goodies up throughout the week. I need to figure out what I want for my ATO still, and I'm thinking a Tunze Osmolator. May be overkill, but I need to protect my investment. I've only heard good things about these.

I will get some pictures up of all my equipment once I get everything installed and running.

OP
OP
sf_ramsden

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh, I am having serious troubles with setting my Apex up to my Apple/Mac dominated network.

On a happier note, I added another fish to the tank now. Picked up a Yasha Goby from my LFS, looks something like this:

p-90066-Yashia-Goby.jpg

Now back to trying to figure out my darn controller...

OP
OP
sf_ramsden

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my Apex Lite working just as I wanted to! The part that took the longest was getting the network stuff working (being able to control from iPhone, other computers outside network, etc). I have my Tunze Osmolator coming in tomorrow, and that should be my last equipment purchase for awhile. Last decision I need to make is a dosing unit... Thinking I may wait until Christmas to ask for this, but I will probably change my mind soon when I get sick of manually dosing. :tongue:

Also, here is my newest piece and first blasto!

DSCN4135-L.jpg

Last edited:

eww

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats some amazing stuff you have there. We just got our first 34g Solana today from a local reefer and set it all up in the master bedroom. We can't wait to start adding some nice corals and fish. I never thought a little tank like this would be so nice.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 52 25.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back